Light-O-Rama Forums

First year with LOR

Guest guest

Eric R wrote:

I set up early this year so I could have a chance to work out some bugs. Take a look and give me your feedback.

A couple things jump out. I had troubles with Windows movie maker getting the sound and lights in sync. It is not this way watching it live. I do need to add a string of lights at the peak of the roof line and also possibly dump the medium sized tree chase at the end.

Well, what else?

I'd personally like to see more action using the melody. You definitely have the beat down...but it's also good to capture the emotion in the song. It's very difficult to explain. Maybe take a quick look at Don's video...he did the exact opposite of you. He had no focus on the beat of the song; rather, he focused on the melody and emotion. I think you'll see a big difference. I'm not trying to say either one is better, but you may want to think about merging both ideas. http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=24&Itemid=73 It's at the bottom.

contactmike1 wrote:

Maybe take a quick look at Don's video...he did the exact opposite of you. He had no focus on the beat of the song; rather, he focused on the melody and emotion.

Just don't duplicate it, please. :)

I guess it is kinda up to each person on how they do things. Myself, I couldn't get the results that I like following vocals and such. While Don does a great job, it just wasn't working out for me. Possibly with a bigger display I would be able to incorporate it.

Who knows, maybe after a year of blinky I will be ready for a change :laughing: