Light-O-Rama Forums

Error loading sequence - Expected comment or processing instruction

TrueGret

Greetings -

I successfully created and tested a sequence on one computer (Win7 - 32bit), and copied the same sequence file to another (WinXP Pro) but an error is generated when loading the sequence into the sequence editor (v2.9.4 Basic Plus - fully licensed). I have confirmed the second computer (WinXP) drives the lights via the LightORama Hardware utility.

The error created when selecting the .las file is:

Error Loading Sequence

Expected comment or processing instruction

Any ideas? There are no files in the sub-folders (Audio, Clipboards, Visualizations). The .las sequence file is in the default path (My Documents/Light-O-Rama/Sequences).

Thanks -

TrueGret

Attached files ROCKGLEN SnowmanFightRev2.las

Upon reviewing a "clean" .las file with the one I attempted to use, it appears the one I needed was corrupt. There are four characters outside the closing tag, olam, which was giving the editor grief.

Answered my own question - how cool is that!

Merry Christmas to you all!

To the moderator - this topic can be closed.

Thanks

TrueGret wrote:

Answered my own question - how cool is that!

Merry Christmas to you too!

Don't mean to demean your accomplishment, but we see it all the time. We call it pulling a Winder...

I figured as much ....

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I have to know ... And since you seem to be a beta tester ... I any though being given to providing an interface (sequence editor, show editor, hardware, etc.) applications for the Mac? Hope it didn't/don't offend ... Don't mean to, just a question from a hardcore EE, programmer/developer .... I've learned to not get locked in and too specialized.

Thanks!

I'm not an employee of LOR, nor am I privvy to the plans and projects they have underway. Not meaning to offend you, but as a customer of theirs, I certainly HOPE they're not devoting any company resources chasing after such a miniscule market share. If you absolutely, positively have to Mac, you can do that now. There's threads around here somewhere that explain how.

TrueGret wrote:

I figured as much ....

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I have to know ... And since you seem to be a beta tester ... I any though being given to providing an interface (sequence editor, show editor, hardware, etc.) applications for the Mac? Hope it didn't/don't offend ... Don't mean to, just a question from a hardcore EE, programmer/developer .... I've learned to not get locked in and too specialized.

Thanks!

Every year we get more and more requests to port to MAC. However at this time it would cost much more than the return. The good news is that in the last few years, the code is being written much more port friendly so eventually it may make business sense to port.

Dan