Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem

Terry Hurrle

LOL for some reason I knew you would be one of the first to comment. Hey do you have any suggestions for getting a good video of lights. I am not getting very clear video. On play back there is a shadow of the lights as they change. I am going to try to change the exposure and go to manual focus instead of auto to see if that works
Terry

Terry Hurrle wrote:

LOL for some reason I knew you would be one of the first to comment. Hey do you have any suggestions for getting a good video of lights. I am not getting very clear video. On play back there is a shadow of the lights as they change. I am going to try to change the exposure and go to manual focus instead of auto to see if that works
Terry

Ditto George...most camcorders don't focus very well in Auto Focus as they keep trying to focus on the last light that was on..and I doubt all your lights are the same distance from the camera.

If you have a "fireworks" setting, use that.

If you can manually adjust your f-stop and/or exposure set those. the higher the f-stop, the less light it lets in (which is what you want).

Check your manual on how to do it....

Jim,
I have set it to fireworks and did a short test last night and it looked a lot better. I have it on Manual focus now, fireworks and reduced the exposure. You must remember this is a fairly simple camera and the manual that comes with it is even simpler. Very little explanation how to really use it just what the settings are and how to set them. I will keep playing until I get a video that I feel is good enough to put up. Looking at other peoples videos I am seeing some of the same problems that I am experiencing so I may just have to post what I can get. Being my first year I want it to look good.
Terry

Terry Hurrle wrote:

this is a fairly simple camera and the manual that comes with it is even simpler. Very little explanation how to really use it

Have you looked online for a manual? Sometimes there are third party manuals that help...or even the manufacturer has one online that they don't include with the product (too big to package).

What camera do you have?

I just purchased a Canon VIXIA HF M30 HD Dual Flash Memory Camcorder off ebay for
$384...very impressed so far with the results.

Sony DCR SR-45. I athough it would do better when I got it but see it is not top line. I have had it about 3 years and really never used it till this year. May be I should sell it on Ebay and get another one. Hmmmmmmmmm. I will look around on line for a manual.
Terry

Jim,
After reading your post I had a bell go off. The main manual is on the cd I got with the camer. Had for got about that. It also has a video illustrating the use in different settings. Guess I know what I will do the rest of the day.
Terry

Terry Hurrle wrote:

Jim,
After reading your post I had a bell go off. The main manual is on the cd I got with the camer. Had for got about that. It also has a video illustrating the use in different settings. Guess I know what I will do the rest of the day.
Terry

Great!! Hope you find the answers you are looking for...