Light-O-Rama Forums

Pause a show

dave carlstedt

Is it possible to pause a show, at one's disgression, and then resuming from where it left off...or backing or forwarding from the pause point?

I am using the program to operate a puppet theatre, and if a glitch occurs during a puppet performance (live) it would be a nice feature to stop and go.

thanks.

At this time, I can only think of going into the show editor and creating a new show from the point it is stopped, but that is awkward at any rate.....

I can't think of any way to do that easily. Disabling a show results in it starting from the beginning when you enable the schedule again. Same with show on demand. You could create a one-song show and start that same song from the beginning but that doesn't sound like what you're looking for. If you were using the sequence editor you could pause and restart but not the show player - that's pretty much an all-or-nothing proposition.

I believe the only way to accomplish that is to play each sequence via the sequence editor...then you could stop and start using the space bar...

but you would have to load each sequence as you needed it..

but I could be wrong...

EDIT:

What George said... lol

Thanks for the response...it is what I suspected....so i may have to think in terms of short segments of a show, and then, as you say, play each as an individual show.