Light-O-Rama Forums

alignment issues with the sequence editor

Don Krasley

I searched this and came up with nothing related.

I have never noticed this but I can't stop a sequence, fix something and then resume play via the space bar and have the audio and grid properly aligned. I think it was just on the one sequence that I noticed so far. I just upgraded to the latest software and I'm using widows 7. I'm not even controlling lights with it, so there should be no issues there. It's something I worked with on other sequences.

Don Krasley wrote:

I'm using an MP3 file, how do I tell if it's a consistant bit rate?

thought you might ask that!! LOL

Check out this post:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=24057&forum_id=80&highlight=mp3

And if you don't have it all ready, download Audacity..it's free:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

You have some Audacity mister! Or, I think that was the problem. I'm working on a laptop and desktop with windows 7. So that seems to be an issue. I had the cd and ripped it again to 128bps and it seemed to work better. I'll check the other files and see wht they are.

I'll pick up the Audacity program just in case.

Thanks

Don Krasley wrote:

You have some Audacity mister! Or, I think that was the problem. I'm working on a laptop and desktop with windows 7. So that seems to be an issue. I had the cd and ripped it again to 128bps and it seemed to work better. I'll check the other files and see wht they are.

I'll pick up the Audacity program just in case.

Thanks

I went from XP to Windows 7...still had the same issues.

Try a WAV file and see if that works for you.

A lot of times I will use a WAV file to sequence and then switch it back to an MP3 for the show...

I checked the other songs and I have different settings on most of them. I have the songs on CD so I'm going to rip them all again and use the 128bps setting.
I have so much junk in my external hard drive and I'm going to clean out some junk, no wonder I had problems.
Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

jimswinder wrote:

Try a WAV file and see if that works for you.

A lot of times I will use a WAV file to sequence and then switch it back to an MP3 for the show...

I came in VERY late on this post... why are you using WAV files over the mp3 to edit? What is the advantage?

.wav files seem to have the absolute most reliable accurate time positioning when LOR asks Windows Media Player to play from a specific position. This is important any time you are sequencing with a play range of anything except from the start. Variable Bit Rate .mp3 is very likely to have significant errors when asked to play at different starting positions within the file. True constant bit rate files should be just as accurate as .wav files, but some user experience seems to indicate that they are close, but not always as dead on.