Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrade to LOR II

aggiebq86

I am trying to reinstall my LOR on a new computer. It has been a couple of years since I've run LOR so I'm behind a little (OK a lot) with regards to versions of software. This is the process I'm using.
1. Install from CD version 1.6.3 - At this point my older sequence will run
2. Upgrade using a file named LORUpdate-2.0.4 - At this point the Sequence Editor won't run. I try to run it either from the start menu or from the tray and the program never opens up.

I am running Windows Vista

What's my problem? On a side note, I wanted to look at upgrading to the current version of LOR but want to get what I have running correctly before I take that next step.

aggiebq86 wrote:

I am trying to reinstall my LOR on a new computer. It has been a couple of years since I've run LOR so I'm behind a little (OK a lot) with regards to versions of software. This is the process I'm using.
1. Install from CD version 1.6.3 - At this point my older sequence will run
2. Upgrade using a file named LORUpdate-2.0.4 - At this point the Sequence Editor won't run. I try to run it either from the start menu or from the tray and the program never opens up.

I am running Windows Vista

What's my problem? On a side note, I wanted to look at upgrading to the current version of LOR but want to get what I have running correctly before I take that next step.

If I remember correctly ver 2.0.4 had a date expiration built into it, sometime back in 2008. It probably will not work now since it ie 2010 .

My suggestion is to just forget about all that old software and go ahead and download 2.9.4, retrive your license key, and start using it.

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

Yes, 2.0.4 was a time-limited prerelease, and will no longer work. I agree that you should just get the latest (2.9.4) and install that. However, to be explicit, I want to add that there is no reason to install 1.6.3 -- or any other version -- first. You can install 2.9.4 directly, without any earlier version being installed.

Having an earlier version installed shouldn't hurt, but it definitely can't help.