Jump to content

Problem with Standalone mode


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am using 3 LOR units: 1 -16 channel and 2- 8 channels. All are "D" models. I have them connected as follows: computer -> 8 channel (unit 02)-> 8 channel(unit 03) -> 16 (unit 01)channel. When I go into the hardware utility and use "Standalone" mode there are some strange things:

1) Upon refreshing the units, it finds all 3 units

2) It defaults to unit 01 (the 16 channel: actually 3rd in line).

3) If I choose download stand-alone sequence, it attempts to put it on UNIT 01. After reaching 1,000kb it gives an error.

4) If I select Unit 02 (the first in line), it allows it to download BUT the partial program is still loaded in unit 01!

5) If I select a unit and choose the Remove Sequence "Delete" option, it appears to delete, but the unit still has programming. This function is not working. It does not CLEAR the memory.

QUESTION: How do I fully clear the memory on the 3rd unit????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few notes:

You only need to download the sequence to one controller. (I think you know this.)

If you have all of them connected, it's normal for the HWU to find all three.

I'll bet the 16CTB-D has more memory. You should probably upload your sequence to that file.

In standalone, it doesn't matter how they are connected. The unit with the sequence (suggest the 16CTB-D) will send out commands to all units connected to it. Other units ignore commands that are not for it's assigned ID.

Try connecting the CTB-D's to the HWU one at a time. This is especially true when trying to upload or delete a sequence. Fewer points of failure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick response. If my computer is connected to the 8 channel since it is the first in line, is it possible to download to the 16d? When it autoselected UNIT 01, it loaded to 1K then failed. My 16d unit really isn't in a place I can connect a laptop to.

It would be easier to disconnect the downstream units and download my program, than re-connect the chain... but... if remnants of the program are still in the downstream unit, won't that cause problems?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MichaelC wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. If my computer is connected to the 8 channel since it is the first in line, is it possible to download to the 16d? When it autoselected UNIT 01, it loaded to 1K then failed. My 16d unit really isn't in a place I can connect a laptop to.

It would be easier to disconnect the downstream units and download my program, than re-connect the chain... but... if remnants of the program are still in the downstream unit, won't that cause problems?


That's a Dan question ... but I would bet that part of the problem may be going through the various controllers to download the the 16CTB-D. Keep in mind, that 16 channel controller is going to have more memory. Downloading to an 8 channel, you may not have enough room on the board to save the sequence to.

If you connect each unit the HWU and delete the sequence onboard, you shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure, somehow, that only one unit has a sequence on it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I am having some problems with stand alone mode as well.

I have uploaded the sequence to it, however I cannot choose to run it at a specified time. It will only let me choose when power is connected....

Am I missing something? Right now I just have them fading up and down until I finish my sequences, and it would be nice to free up that computer to program with.

It looks like the other options are greyed out and cannot be selected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VonnerNIX wrote:

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I am having some problems with stand alone mode as well.

I have uploaded the sequence to it, however I cannot choose to run it at a specified time. It will only let me choose when power is connected....

Am I missing something? Right now I just have them fading up and down until I finish my sequences, and it would be nice to free up that computer to program with.

It looks like the other options are greyed out and cannot be selected.


I know for a fact GREEN boards with the 1.5.0 HWU; the option to run at a certain time is not valid. Only way to do so is with 'when power is connected.'

I have not tested with a BLUE board and 1.5.4 HWU. (Anyone?)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VonnerNIX wrote:

If I upgrade to the new firmware will that help? For either board that is.

I have not seen upgraded, yet. There are plenty of people here who have. Hopefully someone here can speak up.

All, Green or Blue boards. Have you upgraded? Can you now select a time. (Dan? :()
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

VonnerNIX wrote:
If I upgrade to the new firmware will that help? For either board that is.

I have not seen upgraded, yet. There are plenty of people here who have. Hopefully someone here can speak up.

All, Green or Blue boards. Have you upgraded? Can you now select a time. (Dan? :()

Don... the HU is still the same except for the ell function.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...