Jump to content

Problem with startup of show with mdm-mp3


stanward
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am having a problem each night. On the first sequence every night, not all of the channels supposed to turn on as they should. After 20 seconds or so, then the channels turn on(the ones that supposed to).

Also, one of my sequences have a glitch in the lighting. I have the lights chasing from right to left. I notice that there is a brief pause for 0.1 or 0.15 seconds long. This problem does not show up in the sequence editor.

I am running an mdm-mp3.

Stan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stanward wrote:

Hello,

I am having a problem each night. On the first sequence every night, not all of the channels supposed to turn on as they should. After 20 seconds or so, then the channels turn on(the ones that supposed to).

Also, one of my sequences have a glitch in the lighting. I have the lights chasing from right to left. I notice that there is a brief pause for 0.1 or 0.15 seconds long. This problem does not show up in the sequence editor.

I am running an mdm-mp3.

Stan

Did you happen to upgrade the firmware in the mini-director unit?

I did and then the problems began, but when I put it back to 1.0 firmware the problems went away and my show has been running good since.

However maybe the new firmware does not like the 2.6.2 or what ever it was before Christmas 2009. I am running the same SD cards as last year and 1 new one for this year and it has been working good with firmware 1.0

If you did upgrade then try switching back and see what happens. If the problem is still there then you know that it goes beyond the firmware.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last year had the same problem with startup using the mini-director. LOR came back and stated that the higher your Kbps is the more time is used ot process the music and is taken away from sending your channel commands.

They recommend using 128Kbps for all MP3's using the director cards.

Changed that this year and no lag on startup and some of my sequences send out thousands of commands per second during the songs.

Use Audacity and make new 128Kbps audio files and rebuild you show. Tell us if that fixes your problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...