Light-O-Rama Forums

Verifier Question

George Simmons

I've been researching a mystery in two sequences. Unable to easily find the problem I ran the Verifier. I don't think I've ever run it before, because I'd remember this experience. It's still running - over 500 checks performed and over 14,000 warnings so far! If I didn't see the show running all night every night exactly as I planned it, I'd be scared to poop seeing those results.

Oops, now we're up to 530 and 15,000+ but I think it's winding up. I was basically looking for help with one/two sequences. Is it really necessary to have to scroll through thousands of lines of results? What did I do wrong? Or better, how can I use the Verifier for only one sequence?

You can hide entire classes of warnings. For example, if you use lots of channels for internal purposes, like timing channels, that may have a mark in animation, but no hardware assigned, you can turn off those warnings, as long as they don't related to what you think you are looking for. I think there are at least two or three similar warnings that are the bulk of mine, that I just turn off. You can always enable them again later, if needed...

I can tell you that all the warnings are in order, song 1 will be all together and then song 2 and so on. I show several that are "channel completely off" for certain songs, I know just turn them on and use the channel, but I like to change things up and not use everything for all songs. Using the verifier for one song, I don't know about that, but good luck. I'm sure you already knew this, but I posted "just in case" you did not notice it.

To use the verifier for only 1 sequence; Build a show with only that 1 sequence in it. I save mine as "single test file"

Find your "weekly" schedule file and copy it to another directory. You want to do this so you don't have to rebuild your schedule later.

Now build a schedule that has the show with the one song in it. I delete all the shows on the schedule and add my single test file in 1 day. By the way, I copy that file to a different place so I don't have to go through the effort of deleting each days schedule every time.

Run verifier and it will only work on that one show.

Now copy your "real" schedule back to where you originally found it.

Your good to go.

Bruce

Thanks guys. That will help me eliminate at least a couple thousands lines of useless results the next time. I nearly shat a brick when I saw what was going on with it last night.