Light-O-Rama Forums

50 mph gusts

Kevin Holcomb

My outdoor artificial 6' Christmas tree snapped at the base last night. Trying to baby a large bush in front from the weight of ice and snow, may end up taking it out this Spring. :(

We've got a good blow going on here too. Had to cancel the show last night, over 2 in of rain, and going to have to cancel tonight also. Plenty of wind damage, with lots of rain.

I'm nursing a sore back from shoveling the crap! Single stage snowthrowers don't work well with heavy snow :(

It'll be intersting to see what my lights look like tonight, One the flowerbeds is buried.

Up here in Southwestern Ontario we got a good dumping last week almost 4 feet. All you could see of my mini trees were the top 3 inches, luckily my neighbour came over and blew the snow from in front of the mini trees. Now people who watch get the full show.

Today is Sunday and we are getting another healthy snow fall. In less than a week we have reached our average annual snowfall.

Mike Manzara wrote:

Up here in Southwestern Ontario we got a good dumping last week almost 4 feet. All you could see of my mini trees were the top 3 inches, luckily my neighbour came over and blew the snow from in front of the mini trees. Now people who watch get the full show.

Today is Sunday and we are getting another healthy snow fall. In less than a week we have reached our average annual snowfall.

I don't know if I can comprehend that much snow at once, WOW!

Wow. I love snow, but 4 feet is a little much! Kevin, I'm right there with you...my mega tree is blowing like crazy. I hope it stays up over night...

We just need the wind to stop and the snow to come down. Then life would be good!

No snow here but very windy. All my tune to signs and trees are down this A.M. Tonight it is going down to about 20, too cold for Florida. Wind is suppose to last most of the day, will wait till it's over before I set everything back up and start fixing whats broken.

Well, only about 4 inches of snow so far. The forecast is calling for another 2-4 inches today, so that's not too bad. I am glad that I am not about 5 to 10 miles east of here, as they are expected to finish this storm with 2 feet! So far, no real damage. All my trees, deer, and my mega tree are still up. Oddly enough, 3 of the letters on my tune to sign came off?!? I glued and nailed them, so a little baffled at that one. Oh well, school is canceled for me today, so I will be able to get out there to fix it.