Light-O-Rama Forums

Show scheduler and MP3 director help

Mark J. M.

I have a question about using the MP3 director and would like to use the show scheduler to run my shows. How do I do this? I know I could run a CAT5 cable for direct control but I want the MP3 Director to run everything. There are times when I am not able to be there to start the show. But if I have a schedule on the SD card, it would run by itself. I could write several shows using the hardware program or the simple show builder but then I would need to write down the schedule and I like the convenience of the show scheduler were I can look at my schedule at a glance. Thank you.

Currently (as of 2.9.4) the only way to program the MP3 Director is via the "LOR MP3" tab in the Hardware Utility. The show editor/scheduler can not be used to program the director.

So, do I need to use the simple show builder and schedule a series of shows for each day of the week? Will this work or will each show overwrite the previous show?

If you are going to use the MP3 Director you can NOT use the Simple Show Builder or Schedule editor.

The *only* way to program the SD card for use in an MP3 Director is via the "LOR MP3" tab in the Hardware Utility.

As of 2.9.4 if you are going to use the MP3 director, you should forget about all other scheduling abilitues, and rely on the LOR MP3 tab, only.

Okay so now I can schedule through the LOR MP3 tab. But when I try to set a schedule the program tells me to select the change selected days button. When I do so, it does not let me save the changes. Instead it deletes the changes and won't let me set new days and times. If I selected the new days and times and then the change days button, it will delete the new days and times then if I try to exit without re-selecting days and times, the program gives me the message that no days were selected. What do I do?

When you click "Plays during selected time" then "Set Schedule" a window pops up. You will see that each day is set for 5:00pm - 10:00pm. If you did *nothing* else at this point and then hit OK ... you would be telling LOR to run the shows from 5:00-10:00pm.

Now, say you want to run until 11:00pm on Friday and Saturday. Change the End Hour to 11:00pm. Click the Friday and Saturday box. Click Change Days.

The end time is now set to 11:00pm for Fri/Sat. Simply click OK and schedule your show.

When you click OK and go back to the main LOR MP3 tab *no boxes* should be checked. If they are, you will get an error.