Light-O-Rama Forums

what it the best Sequences for mega tree?

drive

hey every one what it the best Sequences for mega tree? am try to get the mega tree to change color to the music but my Sequences is off i think am setting it up wrong thanks ;)

What problems are you having? Is the music in sync with the lights? Do you know how to slew the sequence ahead or back to sync with the music clip?

As to which music clip goes best with a MT, it kinda depends how many channels you have, how the MT is built (seperate color strings) and whether you have other similar props in the yard (mini trees, arches).. If you have them, you can generally use the same sequencing for your MegaTree that you use for your arches or minitrees, mirroring them..

I use a fixed timing grid of either 0.05 or 0.1 second for my mega-tree. I do the same with my arches. I've found that this works the best for the songs I use - I can always get it in sync with music. I also have the mega-tree and arches in their own tracks.

no it seem to be off the timming is off !! looks like ill have to re do the sequences on this any one know a fast short cut !! Thanks Xmas is all most here

Ty for all the help and sugestions

Drive.. you say the timings are off.. determine if the sequence is ahead or behind the music, and abt by how much (10ths, or seconds), Select Edit, Skew, then skew track left or right by that much, DONT SAVE until you've replayed the sequence and it lines up.

and read the Help section.

that sound about right 10ths, or seconds off ill try the tips that you gave me when i get home to see if i can get that to work !! other wise there all ways next year to get it right lol TY :shock:

In the Slew window, if you just pick left or right radio button, it's set to slew 0.05 seconds, lets you fine-tune it.. you can type in how much to move it if more is needed. Just do a little at a time unless its a gross amount (2, 3 or more seconds) as some rips may have a dead leader before the song starts.

i got the Mega tree working by resetting the sequence 0.05 seconds and uses the right song LOL but now it works Thank you all for the help