Light-O-Rama Forums

can you stop using 2.8.12 and use the 2.7.6 version

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

I have updated to to the 2.8.12 version back when it came out my original version when I purchased LOR (which I can't remember) did not seem to have any problems can I down load that original version back to my computer and use it or am I looking for a major disaster with my show if I do this, what effect will this have on my sequences if any.

and I should always remember if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I dolnt know about the software, but when I upgraded to 2.8.10 which had the new RGB features for flood lights such as rainbow floods. I had to re-do all my sequences from the older version...cant remember which one , but it did not have the RGB features for the flood lights. I also upgraded to the rainbow floods when I upgraded to 2.8.10

Dont know if this helps

Don,

If you wish to downgrade software. Go to the software download page. Scroll to the bottom and you can download a previous version.

You will most likely need to uninstall your currect version first.

Chuck

Guest Don Gillespie

Chuck

I am most likley going to try to fix this glich I like the 2.8.12 version it has a lot to offer when I am sequencing so for now no changes will be made unless I know for sure that will fix the problem I just wasn't sure if I could go backwards on the software.

Don

A similar question was asked before - I believe Dan said that as long as you weren't using any RGB channels, the XML format would be backward compatible to 2.7.x.

Of course, the best defense is a good backup of sequences!

Yes, I believe that the only significant difference between save files generated by 2.8.12 and 2.7.6 is the addition of RGB channels. As long as the file doesn't have RGB channels, it should be fine (although it may still warn you about the fact that it was saved using a later version of software).

And yes, as noted by another poster, I believe that you will have to uninstall 2.8.12 before installing 2.7.6. Simply running the 2.7.6 installer while 2.8.12 is already installed will, I believe, not work.

Guest Don Gillespie

Thanks for the replys I was only thinking of going this route if I couldn't figure out my light problem but we may have it fixed not getting excited yet will wait untill the show ends tonight and will post in the morning

Don Gillespie wrote:

And add to that: If your current LOR software version works just fine, then don't be upgrading it right before or during lighting season!!!!!

George Simmons wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

And add to that: If your current LOR software version works just fine, then don't be upgrading it right before or during lighting season!!!!!

My sentiments exactly! "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", especially when you need it most.

MikeH

Guest Don Gillespie

George Simmons wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

It wasn't broke and I am a moron show worked great last night one click of a button fixed everything what I did was I added an extra sequence to my show and forgot to reclick all lights off box totally frustrated me and thanks to Chuck for pointing that out to me everything is fine the 2.8.12 version is a great version to work with so no changes are needed thanks to all for your input.