Light-O-Rama Forums

Conflicting versions

mmkooiman67

Hello all,

I downloaded a few sequences from a fellow light junkie that were done in the latest version of S2. I am still using 2.6.0. When I tweeked the new sequences and saved I got a warning message that the origional sequence was done in a higher version and some features will not be saved. When I run the light show there are lights from one controller, that is not supposed to be on, turning on and off eratically. I really do not want to go to the higher version of S2 because everything else is running perfect. I did run the verifyer and nothing came up. Any ideas?

Couple suggestions.

1. Make sure that the firmware on that controller is up to date.

2. Look at the sequence and see what those channels are doing and if they are RGB channels or something, change them.

Those would be channels set up for a cosmic color ribbon or rainbow flood LED. I have not used them so I dont know if they look different . I'm still using 2.6 till the end of the season.

Paul Roberson wrote:

RGB channels will show up on the grid as black lines.

but only if set/converted to RGB.. if you set a RGB flood as 3 seperate channels, it wont be black.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
RGB channels will show up on the grid as black lines.

but only if set/converted to RGB.. if you set a RGB flood as 3 seperate channels, it wont be black.

True, but then its not actually a "RGB channel" as far as the way S2 treats it. It is in fact just 3 seperate channels. ;)

They (the three channels) may control a RGB device, but that does not make it an RGB channel in S2.

RGB channels won't show up at all in version 2.6.0. I suspect, but don't know 100% for sure off the top of my head, that 2.6.0 will simply ignore any RGB channels (and the channels within them) that may be in a load file that it attempts to open.

Are you sure that, when you ran the Verifier, the sequence with the problem was in one of your scheduled shows?