Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas programming ghost from the past

toddmoon

I managed to recover the files from my computer that I had done my very first year. Ouch! I had not realized how much of a critique I am. They look so amateurish to me know and still really do not know what I am doing but I continue to grow and learn.

Being able to talk to others and see the excellent work they do has taught me a lot the last couple of year. GO LOR users! :D

Maybe during offseason we could start a collection of "first sequences" - I bet all of us would get a good laugh (or maybe just like to keep them buried forever.

I remember my first year, I thought 1 second timings were just fine, close enough. Like many, I now spend hours trying to line up timings to 0.01 seconds slowing the song down to 1/2 speed and spreading out the waveform to make sure I get the timing at about the place in the waveform where the human ear will detect the sound.

Thank goodness every other part of S2 has made my sequencing so much easier (love the timing grids, the clipboard, tracks, and RGB channels!!!!!!!).

My first sequence is from only three years ago. And quite frankly, it looks like crap! I guarantee that no one except me will ever see it. I had downloaded the LOR1 demo software and was playing around with that when S2 first came out. And it's a good thing that S2 DID come out, for I probably wouldn't have stuck with it. I tip my hat to those 'old timers' who worked with that software and made their yards look nice.