Light-O-Rama Forums

Break in Show

Omer

This probably is a simple fix but I need some help figuring it out. I have a show and I want a break between shows to encourage people to move on and make room for other people. It seems in Show editor I saw something that lets you put a natural break is this easy to do?

The show editor allows you to add a delay between each sequence of a show if that's what you're asking.

Open the show editor, open the show you want to modify, and go to the musical tab, presuming that's where your sequences are located. Toward the bottom on the right you'll see where you can add the delay.

You can also add a "Cleanup Sequence" to the same tab that will run in between each of your musical sequences. You could use that to run a sequence that turns on an "Exit" sign. :P

Here's a possible workaround. Let's say your show is 22 minutes long and you want a three minute break. In the schedule editor, you could start your show at 6:00pm and end at 6:22. Then the next show starts at 6:25pm and ends at 6:47. Then start the next at 6:50 and so forth.

Not a great method, but it could do what you want.

Personally, I would create a 3 minute mp3 that was only silence, stick it on the end of my show, and that would create the same effect. However, if you wanted a 15 minute break, the first solution would be more appealing than creating a 15 minute silence mp3.

Just some thoughts.

Richard

I think that there is a simpler way if I understand the question. Lets say you have 5 songs / sequences and they make up your show. Now you want several minutes of do nothing or have it light an exit sign. Create a new sequence and call it Exit. During this sequence say you play a song and trim it down to how long you want it to run. And if you use something like Audacity and do a voice over thanking everyone for coming to view your display. I might turn on a few lights in static mode.

Now when you build your show, add this "Exit" sequence to the end. Now you will have this delay at the end of each show. Simple and worked for me last year. I dont have a traffic problem so my wife and I thought why not just get rid of it.

More simple than any. Create an animation sequence with ONLY the channels you want on...could be all, could be none...make it the length you want. Install it in your show under the musical tab after the last musical sequence. When you go to add an animation sequence under the musical tab you will have to make sure you select all sequences or animation sequences to get your newly created sequence to show up and be able to select.

The show will play through song1, song2, song3, songx, animation1 for x time...then start over.

Chuck