Light-O-Rama Forums

Snap, Crackle, Pop

jimswinder

I am getting some very distinct snaps, crackles and pops from my audio when playing a sequence thru the Sequence Editor...and it is not there when I play the audio thru Windows Media or my iTunes.

Don't know if it is there in my shows as this is happening on my desktop and I use a laptop for my shows...

George Simmons wrote:

I think I'll wait until tomorrow in case it cures itself...

no...go ahead...it's been this way for awhile...

it'll fix itself AFTER you comment...

I have had the same issue with my laptop. I don't know the cause but in my case I believe it is related either to Windows Vista or to the transfer of audio files from one machine to another. On my desktop(s) - one XP and one Windows 7 - the audio files sound okay. When played from the 2G Cruzer thumb drive that I use for transfers on either of those machines the audio sounds okay. When played directly from the thumb drive on the Vista laptop the audio sounds okay. But when played from the hard drive of the laptop after having been transferred from the thumb drive it snaps and crackles. I wondered if it was somehow related to the thumb drive and transferred the audio files back to the desktop into a different folder and played them from there and they sounded okay.

Its all yours. Sing, chant, read my response aloud to your PC - whatever you usually do to make problems go away. My bill will be in the mail...

George Simmons wrote:

Its all yours. Sing, chant, read my response aloud to your PC - whatever you usually do to make problems go away. My bill will be in the mail...

I sang, chanted and read your response quite loudly to my PC...didn't help...

Do I still have to pay the bill when I get it?

In your case, from what you describe, it definitely sounds like it's related to the sequence editor. Given that the sequence editor uses the same WMP that you use to listen to the song and it sounds okay one way and not the other, I don't see what else it can be.

So yes, I expect payment. I never promised a cure but I nonetheless DID commit a considerable fraction of my intellect to your problem and that in itself deserves compensation.