Light-O-Rama Forums

squirrels

cjackson

These's little rodents are eating the wires on the ground lights when the light are not on. This was a problem and only problem I had with the 1st year running the show of 32 channels. Got it running from a few members help early in the season and just wanted to say , Thank you for the help and Happy Holiday to everyone.

you need to move to a colder environment. My wires on the ground are safe from all furry critters, they have been under snow for weeks :)

of course the bunnies do hop on top of the snow and eat my net lights, but that's what the trusty red rider is for :)

Reminds me of the time I called the police on the vandals who cut the wires on my lights in an evergreen tree. It was very embarrassing when the officer pointed out they were teeth marks and not wire cutter marks! :)

I've had the same problem in the past with squirrel and rabbits. In my garden this summer, I hung several plastic 35 mm film canisters (remember those before digital cameras) with a moth ball in each and a hole made with a paper hole puncher to let the smell out. It wasn't enough for me to smell but it kept the critters away for the first time. I'm trying it out on my megatree. Hopefully it will keep them from chewing the wires on the ground.

Just to let people know that the squirrel problem is no longer. Mr. hawk the other day was sitting on the fence post across the street and happen to see Mr. squirrel running in the back yard near him. I don't know but I have not seen any squirrels and I have not had any problems with lights string being out. Nature at work I guess.