Light-O-Rama Forums

network speed question

medman2000

My 50' foot arch didn't turn out well at all, so I turned it into a 26-section (4 colors per section) horizontal line along my roof line. The longest extension cord length to controllers is about 20 feet, and longest run of Cat5 between the 52 controllers in the yard is 50 feet (most are 30 feet).

Almost all of the sequences work perfectly (until the freezing rain came, now resolved). With my last sequence, which includes the fastest commands to the house "arch/line thing" - I notice that in the middle of the 26 sections a few of the sections seem to miss the fade command. They work perfectly for my other three sequences, just not this fastest part of my 4th song.

Will the network speed option fix this? I'm nervous to test it as we have a steady stream of traffic now. Anything "bad" to watch for if I put the speed option to the fastest?

Thanks for any thoughts!

bob

Wow that was an epic fail, and unfortunately in front of several cars - changing the network speed to fast made more than half of the display misfire, random on/off or entirely black, luckily shutdown and back to "average" setting at least has me back to the initial problem.

Any ideas? The exact same sections work fine on 2 of the songs, I noticed tonight that the sections turn off early during one part of a third song, and then miss the fade on the 4th. Double checked the sequence itself, no conflicts with verifier. I'm nervous to try the other speed setting (long range) until we get to the weekend and I can get by with testing at midnight.

Appreciate any thoughts - I know this isn't the catastrophe that some people are facing, thankful for that, but a bummer nonetheless.

bob z in very cold Minnesota