Light-O-Rama Forums

Error I received?

Jacksback72

I opened up a sequence to make a slight change and I tried copying and pasting something and this popped up:

'Data from an encrypted sequence cannot be copied except on the sequence's originating computer'

I rebooted computer just in case and same message.

The computer I pulled it up on is the original - I don't understand why it would be encrypted?

If anyone has had this,please let me know.

Thanks

Bill Sawallisch Jr. wrote:

I opened up a sequence to make a slight change and I tried copying and pasting something and this popped up:

'Data from an encrypted sequence cannot be copied except on the sequence's originating computer'

I rebooted computer just in case and same message.

The computer I pulled it up on is the original - I don't understand why it would be encrypted?

If anyone has had this,please let me know.

Thanks

I could be off base here, but it sounds like the sequence was created by a "demo" version of the software (or when the software was unregistered).
I thought that was the only time the sequence is encrypted (to prevent someone from making and distributing them for fun and profit with unregistered software).
Hopefully this might be a clue as to what is going on.
Will it allow you to "save" the unedited sequence in order to turn off the encryption?

no - I can't save it

I can only play it.

I have an S2 license and I checked to make sure its still listed and the license # is still there.

It's weird, I created (7) sequences for this year and changed them ten times and for some reason this morning it came up with that.