Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Director Issue or Simple Show Builder Issue

Ricky Parker

I have my show running thankfully, but I tried to add a couple more sequences and when I tried to load them in my Simple Shiow Builder it stated the show was saved to the SD Card but when I install it into my Director it will play fine for a little bit then in the middle of a sequence it will start playing another song and the music and lights will be completely messed up. I deleted everything off the card and reloaded it and it did the same thing in another song. Anyone have any ideas, I thought about unloading LOR and reloading an older version to see if it might help but I don't want to do this unless it's absolutely necessary, I just hate unloading and reloading because it seems to slow things down. Anyone have any suggestions?

Make sure that you are using MP3 files for the show director. It does not do .WAV files.

Versions prior to 2.9.4 would not alert you if you were trying load a .WAV onto an MP3 director.

They are all mp-3 files, I kind of figured that out because I have had multiple issues. First I had not formatted a new SD Card - so it kept giving me a Error message, Bad Media File...etc. and I formatted the card and changed everything to mp-3 through audacity and got the show to save. Then I wanted to add 2 more songs and now when I save them it is saying Finished saving show to card, so I will remove it and put it in the Director and it will mess up somewhere in the show, so it is not saving correctly to the sd card. That's what I can't figure out. I might try it again tonight and if it doesn't work then i might uninstall LOR and download an older version to see if it may work. Please if anyone has any suggestions I am up to try them. last year I had an issue with my bit rates being too high and it wouldn't save so I have checked that too.

Ok so this is getting very annoying, I have formatted the card multiple times, I have tried a different card multiple times. I have checked all music and they are all mp3's, (I was told the Director does not like wav. files). I have uninstalled LOR and reinstalled an earlier version (2.7.6 I think it was) and when I use the Simple Show Builder to pick all of my songs it will say the show is loaded on the sd card but when I run it in the Director it will at some point in the middle of a song just jump to another song and the sequencing and everything will be messed up. I have opened the Card to see what is on it and it is saying it has a S1 Config file, then it will list my S1 Seq and then my mp3 (I think the seq and mp3 are in this order, it might be opposite), but it will list everything for all 12 sequences and songs in S1 format then it will list a S2 Config and then list all songs and seq in S2 format. Is it supposed to do this or should everything be S2 since I am using S2 now. I have had an unbelievable amount of problems for the last 2 years. Can someone please help me figure this out? I am possibly going to try to load 1 song at a time tonight to see if each song will work and maybe load 2 songs at at time, and keep trying it until I can possibly figure something out.

The files on the card you referenced are referring to the "Show" number that you wrote to the card. Thus, when writing a show if you wrote a "Show 1" and "Show 2" you would have files called "S1" and "S2" on the card.

Do this.

Format card.
Open HWU -> LOR MP3 tab.
Schedule show to run anytime power is applied.
Loop continuously.
Assign one (1) song/sequence to the show.
Write to the SD card.

Now, place the card in the MP3 player. It should play.

By doing one song at a time you will:
1) Ensure that the MP3 director is working.
2) Verify that each song will play.

Notes:
Place the MP3 Director dial on "A" and reset the MP3 Director.
Create each show as "Show 01"
When you write a new show to the SD card, use Show 1, and acknowledge that you are going to overwrite Show 1 already on the SD Card.

I use the usb mini-director for my Halloween show, if there is a problem with any of the mp3 files when saved, it will skip that sequence. I have had it happen a couple of times. 2 years with the minidirector. Which is great for a quick show... or like my Halloween show that only has 6 songs compared to the 60 I have for Christmas,,,