Light-O-Rama Forums

Does this exist?

csf

I was wondering is there a way in the sequencer to split the view, kind of like how you can split a view in MS word so you can be looking at two different parts of the sequence at the same time?

I am trying to re do one of my sequences from last year that was 16 channels.

Originally it had 4 spot lights in the show. Now I am trying to remap the to RGB flood lights for this year ( I am now up to an 80 channel show and using 10 RGB tracks in the new sequence)

I find my self constantly trying to scroll up and down to tracks lining things up, since I cant see it all at one time.

I have already zoomed all the way out, took off time and wave forms, and moved my windows start bar to the side. It all helped a bit but I am stile scrolling quite a bit.

I fell like the easy answer some may think about is to re order the channels but then while that may be a fix for the rgb lights, it will mess up other light, and still leave me scrling all over.

I already am using the max relution on my 15 inch screen. (it's a lap top and I need it to be portable so I can't plug it in to a biger monitor).

Maybe there is no soluttion but I figured since people program with 100s of chaneels maybe there is some thing else I am missing.

You can't open the same sequence twice . . .

BUT, you can open two "different" sequences at the same time!

Open the first sequence, then open the second. Now select how they appear on the screen by going to the Window menu. You can resize them.

How does this help you? Load your sequence, then save it under another name using the Save As option. Then reload the original -- you now have both in the sequencer at the same time, and you can switch between them (they are in separate windows).

This is what I did to redo for this year. I put the original sequence in a smaller window, leaving more room for edits in the new version of the sequence.

Hope this helps.

csf wrote:

I fell like the easy answer some may think about is to re order the channels but then while that may be a fix for the rgb lights, it will mess up other light, and still leave me scrling all over.

I already am using the max relution on my 15 inch screen. (it's a lap top and I need it to be portable so I can't plug it in to a biger monitor).

Maybe there is no soluttion but I figured since people program with 100s of chaneels maybe there is some thing else I am missing.

I think when you say track you mean channel in yor statement "( I am now up to an 80 channel show and using 10 RGB tracks in the new sequence) ".

The software does not have a split screen view although that would be awesome if it did.

The work around for what you want to do might be the following to use Tracks.

(See attached image)
Select the initial channel you want to work with and copy it to a new track. Right click on the button and navigate to "Copy to New Track".
Then select the other channels you want to work with and copy them to the existing track (New one you just created). Right click on the button and navigate to "Copy to Track Number"

Switch your view to the new track and work with that.

Attached files 226106=12490-CopyToTrack.jpg

Cray I think that will work pretty well.

Howard the problem I have with track is you can only see one at a time. If you could see them both at the same time then tracks could of worked nicely.

I guess that's true depending on how many channels are in the track. If there are only a few channels, then mutliple tracks will actually display on the screen.

I still like the split screen option and am going to send an email to the wishlist email for LOR. Everyone else should do the same when they have a feature they would like to see implemented.

wishlist@lightorama.com