Light-O-Rama Forums

Show is acting really wierd

jfelix

I am not sure why but the last 2 nights I have had issues with my show. I upgraded my show PC to the latest version. It was originally version 2.8.10 once I upgraded to 2.812 and now the latest I have had issues.

Here is my list:

1. Some songs are not playing. In the status window it says I have a media player issue. This song has been working. Another song the status says it played and it didn't. They played all week till the upgrade.

3. added 4 more controllers yesterday and now they are not running 100% correctly either. The conrollers do not seem to be telling the channels to do the right thing. When I run everything through the hardware utility they work fine. When the show starts not so much.

4. One of the new controllers are acting as if a channel is stuck during the show. Works normal with the hardware utility and when the show is off the channel responds normal.

HELP!

Ok John I ran the verifier. It shows some conflicts in channels. I am running my voiceovers on an old channel config. I haven't updated those as I only use about 3 channels.

I did need to fix some of my other channels which the verifier found, which is done.

As for my sequences they seem to check out fine but it is still skipping my Coke song (which it has the last 2 nights) and my Domonick the Donkey (which ran last night).

If you have time maybe you could call me. 770-598-6461. Everything was running great till I upgraded.

Ok so the contoller issue is resolved. The Cat 5 must have been a little loose, thanks John. Everything works right so far except for one thing.

So I updated windows media player today and reloaded the 2.9.4. My coke song is once again playing but I still have the issue of Dominick the Donkey still does not play. Instead it replays the song before it on the playlist. The status window shows it played Dominick as does the verifier. Anyone?

Does it play the one song before with the correct sequence (lights) as it is suppose to. My thinking is you have the incorrect media file associated with the sequence (timings). The verifier would not catch this as long as you have a valid path and file name that it can find.

Chuck

jfelix wrote:

Running off an old Packard Bell. Not a lot of RAM (195 MB or something) with 550mhz.

WOW, I throw better things than this away all the time! is it running 2000?
I'd think some ram would really help, but you may be maxed.
past a simple lack of horsepower on the computer, are you pre-loading the controllers so they do not need to wait on the Pentium III?

Got it corrected. Chuck you were 100% right. I had been updating some sequences and reinstalling them. In the rush of doing so I must have accidentally put the wrong music to the sequence. I feel dumb, I cannot believe I didn't think of it sooner.

Still not sure why it skipped the coke song before but it works now too so all is good. Thanks to everyone for the assistance. You all are a great group of people.