Light-O-Rama Forums

Show starting Incorrectly

dreef

Here is my problem this year.

I have the MP3 Director with my LOR controller.

here is what is happening I build my show using the Simple Show Builder.

Set time to start and stop show - Sun-Thurs 5:30pm-10:00pm. Fri-Sat 5:30pm-11:30pm.

write schedule to SD card is ok; then set time to SD card using LOR Hardware utility.

show starts and stop ok. then around 12:15pm show starts back up have wiped the flash card several time and rebuild schedule but still having problem.

thanks

Dave

Dave,

Check the firmware revision of the show director you have (via the hardware utility). I believe there was a problem with one of the revisions with this sort of strange behavior.

-Gary-

Well, I was just looking around the Hardware utility and I can't find a way :( How long ago did you buy the Director in question? I'm thinking this bug was in the past year or two. I would first download the latest firmware file from the Light-O-Rama website under the support pages, the Firmware page. (At the top of their home page, mouse over the support tab, then highlight and click the Firmware tab). Be sure to select the file for what you're updating, in the case the Showtime Director. Click on the Firmware button (the latest version is v4_20, top of the Showtime Director listing) and when the save dialog box appears, save the file somewhere on your hard disk and remember that location as you'll need it shortly.

Is your MP3 Director in a metal box (and installed into the controller you mentioned)? If this is the case, you'll need to connect the director to the controller as the director will obtain power from the controller. Then plug the controller into the outlet and ensure the LED's on the Director are flashing. At this point, connect a cable between your computer where LOR is installed and the controller/Director combo. Start the LOR Hardware Utility and ensure that the controller status LED goes solid. This verifies communication is taking place.

At the bottom of the Control tab is a button labeled FIRMWARE. Click it and the firmware screen appears.

Under STEP 1, click the MP3 Director radio button to select it. Under Step 2, click the open button and navigate to where you've saved the firmware file you saved earlier. Click the file and then the Open button. At Step 3, click the Download button and the update will start. The progress bar will move across the screen as the unit updates. DO NOT disconnect any cables or lose power while this is in progress or you could end up with a inoperative Director. When the program informs you that the update is complete, close the hardware utility and press the reset button on the Director to begin operation with the new firmware.

Any more questions, just ask :)

-Gary-

is there anyway of doing this without cables I never received cable when I purchased my system I only recevived metal controller with MP3 and flash card and usb to flash card converter.

thanks

There is no way do do firmware updates except by direct connection.

You can go to any of your local retailers and pick up a CAT5e network cable for the cabling, but you're also going to need the USB to RS485 adapter as well. Preferred one is the unit with the ferrite beads as it's less prone to electrical noise. It's available in the online store at LightORama.com.

-Gary-

Making this even simpler. If you keep your software updated, the most recent versions of all firmware is packaged with the software. Simply open the hardware utility, select firmware and then you can use the dropdown in step 2 to select the firmware.

Chuck