Light-O-Rama Forums

live music

frycztech

Not unless your a fortune teller.... with LOR you must perform the programming yourself for the song that you want the lights to be in sync with

Take a look at this thread : http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=23745&forum_id=80&highlight=vu+meter

S2 Software can not do this, however LOR Controllers can respond to DMX. There is some free software that will read an audio file and produce DMX commands based on the song.

I dont know what you wan to "play" - but if you can play a midi instrument, That same software is able to convert midi to DMX (or at least use as triggers)

You would need to buy a dmx dongle, and you could not run both software packages at the same time.

If you search, you can find a lot of people who have done various projects to convert live sound to DMX. All of these would work with a LOR Controller. There is a lot of DMX interfacing with Arduino.

Now, there is this concept. Use a media file (song) and do your sequence to it. Then get the band to learn how to play the music to the same beat. Then trigger the seq and have the live band practice playing the music and the lights becomes the conductor. They have to learn to sync up to the lights.

Might not be what you are wanting to do, but will give somewhat the end results.

I'm talking with the high school band teacher who wants to do something live next year.

I'm planning on getting a recording of them and sequence it ahead of time with a lot of loose transitions and twinkles.

Terry Hurrle wrote:

If they can get just the music track of the song or songs you can sequence that and they they can sing to it. I am doing one sung arrangement this next week.
Terry

Terry,
RIF, he said band teacher. Do you get a mental picture of a group of people singing?