Light-O-Rama Forums

Show will not run

Mark J. M.

I am trying to use the show scheduler to run a show from my computer and I am receiving the error ERROR IN PLAY SEQUENCE(address in use. However, when I run the hardware utility, I can control all off my lights. The computer set was not changed at all. I did not have this problem last year and I am using the same setup. What can I do to run the show? I do have an mp3 director but I would like to test the show from inside. Thanks.

I'm getting the same error. Search on the site doesn't yield anything helpful except that the dongle might be bad. Here is my set of errors:

9:47:00 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Address in use
Trace: UDP SetIntensity
Trace: HandleIO) Musical:

And it repeats infinitely. I ran the Verifier and everything checks out there. Anyone have any other thoughts on what the problem could be?

The "unhooked/missing" controller should not affect the show playing. Believe you are good to go on the hardware.

Sounds like from your description of the music file error "file in use" that the problem is on the sequence/software end.

Did you use the
Simple Show Builder
program or the
Show Editor / Schedule Editor
programs to try to run the display?

not having a control hooked up will not cause your problem.

By chance do you have the sequence editor program running at the same time? If so this will cause a conflict.

Will the show run if you use "show on demand"?

can you play the sequences one at a time using the sequence editor?

I don't have an MP3 director so I may be way off base.

Thank you for all the help. It seems that if I run the hardware utility to test my connections, the program will not release the comm port when I shut it down. I have to re-boot the computer and then the show will run. I do not know if this is a glitch in the software or my computer. But it has never happened before and the only change to the system has been the updated S2 software.

Though time consuming (as in, don't do it 5 minutes before show time), you should run the "Verifier,"

If you right click on the LOR Control Panel lightbulb, it is near the top.

It will find lots of things that you wouldn't find yourself.

Are you using Holiday Lights Designer?

If you are not, please check that you don't have HLD support turned on (Play/Control Holiday Lights Designer).

If you are, please try disabling HLD support, and seeing if that helps.