Light-O-Rama Forums

How to get light O Rama running in your tray

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

I have my laptop that I have LOR downloaded on I am trying to get the LOR icon to run in my tray doesn't want to seem to work I can sequence everything view everything this computer is licensed with LOR I have the latest version, I can manually bring up the hardware utility and the verifier but can't get it to the tray

The second question I have is this is my laptop that I sequence with but I am thinking about using it as my dedicated show computer when the season arrives I can not seem to get a comm3 port on my laptop it will give a comm port 1 or 11

I have tried to insert the USB install disk my computer will not open it up I have to manually open this up and even when I do this it doesn't show me to run the disk

this is not a panic as I am using my main computer for shows this year I am thinking about restructuring for next year

Don Gillespie wrote:

I have my laptop that I have LOR downloaded on I am trying to get the LOR icon to run in my tray doesn't want to seem to work I can sequence everything view everything this computer is licensed with LOR I have the latest version, I can manually bring up the hardware utility and the verifier but can't get it to the tray
To get LOR in the tray you want to run Control Panel. You will find it in the Light o rama group under programs.

The second question I have is this is my laptop that I sequence with but I am thinking about using it as my dedicated show computer when the season arrives I can not seem to get a comm3 port on my laptop it will give a comm port 1 or 11
Why do you want comm3? As long as you run the Hardware Utility then auto configure for the comm port that is really all that should be needed to set the comm port for all of LOR. In the outside chance that is does not do for the sequence editor you can go into preferences, network preferences and manually set the comm port for the same port the HWU finds.
I have tried to insert the USB install disk my computer will not open it up I have to manually open this up and even when I do this it doesn't show me to run the disk

this is not a panic as I am using my main computer for shows this year I am thinking about restructuring for next year

Chuck

Guest Don Gillespie

cmoore60 wrote:

Why do you want comm3? As long as you run the Hardware Utility then auto configure for the comm port that is really all that should be needed to set the comm port for all of LOR. In the outside chance that is does not do for the sequence editor you can go into preferences, network preferences and manually set the comm port for the same port the HWU finds.

Chuck on my main computer that I am currently running my shows from the comm port is 3 when I fired up my laptop and searched for a comm port I got 11 I turned some lights on to see if it works and it did so my last question is once you run the hardware utility to find the comm port it doesn't matter what the comm port is

is this correct to assume this if I run my laptop I would use comm port 11 and if I am running my home computer I would use comm port 3 this is what the auto configure gives me with each computer.

Don,

That is correct. Once you run the HWU to auto configure the comm port, the software writes that somewhere. So once that is configured you can move sequences between machines and as long as the musical is linked to the sequence on the opposing machine all should play just fine.

Chuck

As an additional note. IF by some chance your windows set the adapter above 16, LOR could not find it. THEN you would need to intervene and set it to a lower number. You should be good to go.

Merry Christmas

Guest Don Gillespie

cmoore60 wrote:

Don,

That is correct. Once you run the HWU to auto configure the comm port, the software writes that somewhere. So once that is configured you can move sequences between machines and as long as the musical is linked to the sequence on the opposing machine all should play just fine.

Chuck

As an additional note. IF by some chance your windows set the adapter above 16, LOR could not find it. THEN you would need to intervene and set it to a lower number. You should be good to go.

Merry Christmas

Thank sir have a Merry Christmas