Light-O-Rama Forums

Show builder question

fordsbyjay

I am a little confused on some features in the show builder.
I have two things I can't seem to get to work so I am thinking I don't understand the process.

1. I am trying to add an animation with all the lights on for a couple minutes with no music. I made a "lights on" sequence with no music and added it to my show (in the animation tab) but it never plays. It will play all my musical shows in order but how is the animation supposed to tie into the show and how does it know when to play?

2. I have a light on my sign that I want to stay on all the time so I made a sequence with that channel on all the time and added it to background tab. This doesn't seem to stay on all the time either but I think my sequences are over riding the feature. Do I need to remove that channel from the musical sequences now so there is no conflict?

I read the wiki and it explains the features but doesn't say how to use them.

Thanks,
Jason

fordsbyjay wrote:

I am a little confused on some features in the show builder.
I have two things I can't seem to get to work so I am thinking I don't understand the process.

1. I am trying to add an animation with all the lights on for a couple minutes with no music. I made a "lights on" sequence with no music and added it to my show (in the animation tab) but it never plays. It will play all my musical shows in order but how is the animation supposed to tie into the show and how does it know when to play?

By default when you go to the musical tab it selects .lms files. However you can use the drop down and select all files and you can actually put .las files under the musical tab. This will allow your animation sequence to play at the point in the show you wish for it. If you have something that is just animated that you want to run all the time. then it should be in the animation tab. MAKE SURE that those channels are NOT in your musical sequences.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"

2. I have a light on my sign that I want to stay on all the time so I made a sequence with that channel on all the time and added it to background tab. This doesn't seem to stay on all the time either but I think my sequences are over riding the feature. Do I need to remove that channel from the musical sequences now so there is no conflict?
For your sign! The Channel controlling your sign should NOT be in any other sequence. IF it is then the background will turn it on, but when an off command is send because of a sequence sending out the off command for the same channel your sign will turn off.

I read the wiki and it explains the features but doesn't say how to use them.

Thanks,
Jason

Chuck