Light-O-Rama Forums

Another LOR Problem

Guest guest

I seem to be the problem child of this group...I apologize for that.

I'm running LOR on Windows Server 2003. Everything works fine except that after 24 hours the LOR program locks up and my shows don't start.

When I look at the task manager I see the LORMonitor.exe program and LORTray.exe program both running fine. I keep the status pane up all the time and I've noticed that when this symptom occurs all the text disappears from the window. When I try to close the status window I get an error saying that LORTray is not responding.

What is causing this to happen? I'm having to babysit LOR instead of just letting it run without worrying about it.

FYI we have never tested LOR on windows server software but I doubt that is the issue.

Tell us more about your configuration. Type of communication adapters and controllers.

To un-hang the software do you do a stop of the control panel and then restart it?

Hi Dan,

Forget the 24 hour thing. The first show in the scheduler runs fine. However, it seems to be when it tries to start the second show in the scheduler it gets hung up. I have one controller, the 16 channel showtime. I just updated the firmware to see if that helped and it didn't. I'm running an ethernet cable right to the box. To unhang I try to kill the LORMonitor Process in task manger and it won't let me. Says access is denied. I am running with an id that has full admin rights. Tried restarted the control panel but I get a message from LORMonitor that says the comm port is in use. So to unhang I have to restart my server.

In your show do you loop through all the songs multiple times or just one time. The reason I ask is that there may be a song (the last song) that never ends. You would see this in the Sequence Editor where you have to click the red STOP button when playing the sequence.

Ok I've created two animations not musical sequences as I'm just wanting to turn on a couple of Halloween blow molds. To do this I went into the sequence editor and clicked new animation. I defined 16 channels and setup the channels for my 16 channel LOR controller. The option to include a loop is checked so I left it that way and hit ok to continue. Next using the toggle control I turned on channel 1 (the blow mold) for the full minute of the animation. I created another animation using the same steps but turned channel 2 on instead of channel 1.

After saving the sequences I opened up the show editor and created two shows. One for the first animation and the other for the second. The reason for this is I want the blow molds on for a couple hours then the rest of the night I want my flood lights on. To create the show I added the sequence under the background tab.

To produce the error I schedule Show 1 to run from 4:00:00PM to 4:00:59PM and Show 2 from 4:01:00PM to 4:01:59PM. Show 1 plays fine however, when show 2 sould start the program locks up and nothing happens. Show 1 stops playing but show 2 never starts.

After this happens I'm hosed until I restart the server.

LightORama wrote:

In your show do you loop through all the songs multiple times or just one time. The reason I ask is that there may be a song (the last song) that never ends. You would see this in the Sequence Editor where you have to click the red STOP button when playing the sequence.

I don't think so since I'm not using musical sequences just animations.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. My guess is that it has something to do with a background sequence with nothing in the main body of the show... Even if the main body was a sequence that just looped and controlled some non-existent controller. We will setup the same test and see...

LightORama wrote:

Dan I'm working on a musical sequence for Christmas and noticed that one of my songs does this. I'm not currently using it so it isn't contributing to the orginal issue in this thread. So what causes this? How do I get the song to end without clicking on the red square?

neo8820 wrote:

Dan I'm working on a musical sequence for Christmas and noticed that one of my songs does this. I'm not currently using it so it isn't contributing to the orginal issue in this thread. So what causes this? How do I get the song to end without clicking on the red square?

Shave some time off the final cell of the sequence. Right click in the last cell, and "Resize Event." Shorten it by .01 second at a time until the problem resolves itself.