Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights staying on at end of show

rangebob

I'm usig 2.8.12 and I didn't have this problem last year. At the end of the show the lights that was used for my closing sequence stays on until I go and Disable Shows Immediately and then have to remember to Enable Schedule after about a minute.

Is this a unique problem or are others having this problem and how can I fix this?

Thanks.

Is that new this year? I never used that before and it always turned off for me. I just put the check in the box for the closing tab. Could this be causing my floods to turn off in between the songs even though it is running as a background sequence?

I'm afraid someone smarter than me will have to answer that one, as I don't use background or animated sequences at all.

Guest Don Gillespie

rangebob wrote:

I'm usig 2.8.12 and I didn't have this problem last year. At the end of the show the lights that was used for my closing sequence stays on until I go and Disable Shows Immediately and then have to remember to Enable Schedule after about a minute.

Is this a unique problem or are others having this problem and how can I fix this?

Thanks.

Yep this has happened twice the first time I figured PC malfunction no big deal but then again last night it happened again, I have been running my show for about 2 weeks started on Nov 26 everything ran good then what I noticed is when the show was on its last sequence for the night after the sequence played one channel stayed on, again last night except this time 2 channels stayed on it doesn't do this every night it seems to run real smooth for quite some time then for no apparent reason one or two channels stay lit I too am running 2.8.12 could this be a bug in nthe program??

I have one string of green lights on a mini tree that stay on all the time...24/7.

But they do what they are supposed to do otherwise during the show (shimmer-twinkle-fade), but are still on between sequences.

Guest Don Gillespie

George Simmons wrote:

Have you checked the "turn lights off..." box in the musical or shutdown tab(s) in the show editor?

Check the box guys it fixed my problem asap I too didn't relaize what was happening in the show editor make sure to check the lights off box works wonders

Anytime there is a software upgrade, there are often little pearls incorporated into the updated version, that are not obvious on first blush.

Folks should always be sure to review (and re-review, as if you don't use the feature, you won't remember it's there - been there, done that!) the list of changes/additions.

Some of the issues that I see posted elsewhere in the forum relate to these new little pearls...

Greg

I'd like to say that I find the ability to un-check the "Turn used channels off..." box a really great feature. I think it looks much better without all my lights turning completely off between sequences.

I also use the "Saved Clipboards" feature, and one of my saved clipboards is a column of all my channels that I call "Background". I paste this clipboard at the start and end of every new sequence I create, to leave the lights in a consistent state. Every sequence fades from and to this state at the beginning and end, making a smoother show.

Of course, I also have a shutdown sequence that turns these channels off, except for a few "night" channels I leave at a low level.

And just to underline the fact that in the end, it comes down to what YOU want your show to look like, I'm just the opposite from Steven.

We're in the middle of a poorly lit block and I wouldn't want it any other way. I make sure that all lights are off between all sequences because I want there to be a definitive beginning and end to each one.

IMHO songs that end with a flourish lose something very important when lights stay on after the song ends. Same way with songs that start with a bang - much more powerful comin' atcha from the dark than from a pre-lit/partially-lit setting. I even program 4 seconds of delay between songs to increase the impact and/or anticipation of what's next.