Light-O-Rama Forums

Ramsey 30B

SLICK

After toying with other controllers. Reading numerous posts and seeing all the comments about FM transmitters. I ended up with the Ramsey 30B. I didn't have time to build it myself. SO I found an authorized Ramsey guy based out of New Mexico(CLOSEST PERSON TO ME FOR SHIPPING TIME REASONS) that had already built units. I am completely convinced I made the right decision. (NOT KNOCKING ANY OTHER BRANDS BTW) But I am totally happy with the amount of distance I get. The ease of changing the frequency. And pretty much everything. I was thinking that I would be forced into making or buying the dipole antenna. But right now, I don't think I need it at all! I have it set up in my garage on a very high built in shelf. Distance is fantastic with the basic antenna it came with! Clarity is very good also! Out of the box, it took me 5 min to set up! Right now I am very happy with my decision to go with the Ramsey product. Just an FYI for those of you that may want to try something new in the future, you may want to give a Ramsey a try.

I purchased the Ramsey FM100 kit. (I live in Utah so selling an extra child off to cover the expenses is easy....). I spent a good deal of time and still managed to mess it up. I sent the kit to Ramsey and paid a small fee to have someone in the know fix it for me. Sure enough, it came back and the Ramsey Tech Fixed EVERYTHING. It is perfect and works perfect.

I built a tuned dipole antenna (sounds hard but it is REALLLLLLY easy....) and the results were remarkable.... BUT I don't need the antenna, it broad casts just fine from anywhere on my 1/2 acre property.

Too bad, light-o-rama doesn't have a low cost, simple to build 240'x110' drive in movie kit..... but the dreaming is fun enough.