Light-O-Rama Forums

If you are using VIDEO with LOR 2.8.12 please read...

Tim Fischer

I'm playing videos in my display and using LOR 2.8.12. I don't have them playing on a second monitor though and LOR doesn't recognize my projector as a second monitor in the video preferences when I click on "choose monitor", but my video software does. I'm using the clone option in my video software and hiding the icons on the desktop and am not having any trouble running videos in the latest version of the LOR software.

Linda wrote:

I'm playing videos in my display and using LOR 2.8.12. I don't have them playing on a second monitor though and LOR doesn't recognize my projector as a second monitor in the video preferences when I click on "choose monitor", but my video software does. I'm using the clone option in my video software and hiding the icons on the desktop and am not having any trouble running videos in the latest version of the LOR software.

I'm wondering if there's something to that. I swear in last year's version the "click he monitor after closing this dialog" did something besides, uh, nothing. In the current version, I close that dialog, click the other monitor, and I get no feedback anything happened. I then have to close the video prefs dialog.

But like I said in the other thread, the multiple monitors works fin in the Seq editor, just not when running shows.

I also don't believe I can set my video card up like you described, nor do I really want to lose my primary monitor for tweaking stuff while the show runs...

Thanks for your reply....

I had some viideos that wouldn't play in Windows Media Player so I had to download some video codecs for them. One group of codecs also installed VLC Player. When I tried playing videos in the sequence editor I could never get them to stay full screen. They would start full screen but would quickly jump to a small player. I finally realized that it was the VLC player that was causing the problem and disabled it. I haven't had any trouble since. If you have had to install any codecs you might see if it installed any other player with it. That's the only other thing I can think of right now that might be causing the problem. I have Divx player, but that doesn't give me any trouble once I set everything to open with Windows Media Player.

Linda wrote:

I had some viideos that wouldn't play in Windows Media Player so I had to download some video codecs for them. One group of codecs also installed VLC Player. When I tried playing videos in the sequence editor I could never get them to stay full screen. They would start full screen but would quickly jump to a small player. I finally realized that it was the VLC player that was causing the problem and disabled it. I haven't had any trouble since. If you have had to install any codecs you might see if it installed any other player with it. That's the only other thing I can think of right now that might be causing the problem. I have Divx player, but that doesn't give me any trouble once I set everything to open with Windows Media Player.

I appreciate the help. This is my show computer which gets very little, if any, use during the year. I don't recall installing any software on it other than the latest versions of LOR.

-Tim

Bumping this thread. Surely someone out there is using multi-monitor video in 2.8.12? I'm just trying to figure out if I have a machine/configuration issue or if there is a general problem with this version of LOR.

Thanks!

Tim, I'm using video with 2.8.12 and it is working fine. I have my primary monitor as my LCD flatpanel screen and I have my NEC VT800 projector as a secondary display that I chose to extend the desktop onto.

However, I did notice that the LOR monitor setup changed from last year. It asks you to click on the screen that you want the videos to display on. I did that...and LOR didn't seem to register the click. I then tried clicking a couple times on the projector screen and don't remember if it fixed it, or if I had to click on LOR's OK button first and then go off and click on the projector screen. It was one of those. Regardless...it is working, but the setup wasn't as smooth as last year.

Wayne