Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Issue

Tim Fischer

Hi all,

Got my show running a few minutes ago to do a test run before "opening night" tomorrow. The main issue I'm having is with video. I had this working successfully last year so I'm sure I'm just missing something basic.

Instead of appearing on my second monitor, it's appearing in a window that is minimized in the windows taskbar. If I click on it, it then maximizes and goes to the projector monitor. But when the next sequence starts, the same thing happens.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
-Tim

Check your video settings, make sure it is selected to play on your second monitor, and make sure you have "Use Full Screen Mode" checked. Then try to run it in the sequence editor. If the problem still occurs, then I don't know how to fix it....?

Now that the lights are off for the evening, I did some tests. Things are working just fine in the sequence editor - the videos open in the separate monitor as full screen.

But when I start the show, the videos are only minimized in the status bar. When I click on them (as noted above) they then maximize over to the projector screen, until the next sequence starts and screws it up again.

Looks like it's time to email LOR support, but if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know :)

Sometimes the first video will show properly, but then the others usually do not (when running a show)

One other thing that may be relevant:

I'm using a "Windows Command" to run a batch file in my startup sequence. I checked the "minimized window" option for this.

I thought maybe that was relevant, so I saved off a version of the show with this startup (and the paired shutdown) sequence removed - still no glory.

Thanks,
-Tim

By the way, my videos show full screen on my secondary monitor (which is the projector), but the video form is minimized on my primary monitor. I think it was like that last year as well...

I think I have this solved!

I went into WMP directly and there was a setting for "Video Acceleration" which was set on the highest setting, with instructions to turn it down in case of playback issues. I turned it down one notch, and things appear to be working now. Yipppie! I was starting to fear I wouldn't have video at all this year...

I want to say a special thanks to Dan and Bob for the extremely prompt help during what is surely their busiest time of the year. Dan passed the issue on to Bob early this morning, and Bob and I have been emailing back and forth to try to resolve this throughout the day. Can't ask for better support!

-Tim