Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2.8

Ralph Priest

My original 16 controller is running as expected;however, units 2 and 3 are not.The red power lights are blinking and linked with CAT5. I did download the newest version(2.8),but the site would not allow me to register the download.Could this be the problem? As soon as this rain stops I thought about unplugging all three units and reconnecting them one at a time.Would this solution work?

Ralph Priest wrote:

... but the site would not allow me to register the download.Could this be the problem?

I suspect that is the problem. The demo version won't allow you to control lights.

What version were you running before you downloaded and installed the 2.8 version? If you had version 2 and you previously registered/licensed then you should be good to go anyway. With the sequence editor open on the top bar it will show your license level.

Now to your problem. You say that your original controller is running as expected. So that tells me you have at least the basic version of the software which can control up to 2 controllers. You also do not say you are running the original controller from the computer. I will make the assumption that you are and the LED is solid on the original controller.

Take thing simple. Using the hardware utility to check things out. If you have one controller that has a solid LED and 2 that keep flashing. Then check the cable between the one that is solid and the first in the chain that is flashing.

Chuck

Hey members thanks for the responses to my conundrum. Last year I ran my show on my PC utilizing the 2.6.2 version.And all was well last year.But this year-ignoring my better judgement-I downloaded 2.8;I am wondering if I can remove 2.8 and return to the 2.6 version.

You can fall back to 2.6.2 if you want. In order to go back to an earlier version, you must first uninstall the version that you currently have. After doing that, run the installer for the old version. You can find the installers for old versions on the bottom of the software download page:

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

However, I doubt that two controllers not working is related to the version of software that you are using.

And what went wrong when you tried to register?