Light-O-Rama Forums

Change event timing for an area and preserve sequence

Guest guest

CHANGE EVENT TIMING OVER AN AREA AND PRESERVE SEQUENCE

Two things here. One, it would be great to select an area (or the entire song) and change the timing of it. Say, go from .5 seconds to .1 seconds. Or .1 seconds to .5 seconds. You get the idea.

Two, when you do the above, or even when you add an event using the existing tools, it would be VERY nice if it would preserve the sequence that was already there rather than creating holes. You know. It should repair the damage that it does.

Reference: http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/7950.html

Actually you can.

Select the events you want to change, right click, select 'resize events to', and enter your new timming. this also preseves the sequencing. This is good if the beat of the music changes mid song.

If you insert an event, this will create a hole, if you delete a event, they will shift and fill the gap.

did this answer you question?

Crap. I did it again. I started a new topic rather than putting a reply into the Wish List thread.

The only problem with a resize is that it would shrink your entire performance and compress it down. I think what the original poster and I both were looking for was to be able to go from .5 second timing to .1 second timing in an area, without disturbing the sequence that is already there. So a fade that took 1 second will still take 1 second and be distributed over 10 blocks instead of 2.