Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Asking for Internet Access, And No Timeing Grids...

Roger Leon Forbes

This just started, everytime I open S2 to work on sequances it ask to allow internet access to sequance editer and also not showing any timeing grids when I try to edit or build a new sequances, any thoughts. roger

Do you have a radio button selected in the "initial timings" section when you create a new sequence? My guess is you either have one of the wizards selected or none selected, and that is why you are getting no timing grid. On the right hand side of that section you will see fixed time grid selection, try selecting one of those.

As to why S2 wants internet access, I don't have a clue.

Roger Leon Forbes wrote:

This just started, everytime I open S2 to work on sequances it ask to allow internet access to sequance editer and also not showing any timeing grids when I try to edit or build a new sequances, any thoughts. roger

It might be your anti-virus program asking for internet access.

It might be your anti-virus program asking for internet access.

Thanks, I got the grid problem fixed, space between headset, as for the internet acess I still have not found anything that causeing it.

Do you perhaps have "Control Holiday Lights Designer" turned on in the Sequence Editor's "Play" menu? LOR and HLD speak to each other using an internet protocol. Not really over the internet, because it's all local to your computer, but whatever thing on your computer thinks that LOR is requesting internet access might not make such a distinction.

Besides that, the only thing that I know of that would cause LOR to try to get to the internet is when you register your license, it sends a licensing request out to our servers. This is only done at the time that you register, though, it's not done again thereafter (unless you re-register or whatever).

There are also a couple things where LOR will open your web browser to bring you to some web page, but (A) they're things that you have to explicitly tell it to do, not things that would happen without your knowledge (for example, "Visit Light-O-Rama on the Web" from the Sequence Editor's "Help" menu), and (:( I would think that your computer would then detect that your web browser is trying to access the internet, not that LOR is trying to access the internet.