Light-O-Rama Forums

Show will run thru first or second time but thats it

SCOTTV

Show will run thru first or second time but that's it. The lights will stay on or they will shut off. the music still plays but the sequences won't run. I have ver. 2.8.12 on a brand new win 7 64 bit machine. I am using the simple show builder with it starting a show every half hour and keeping the lights on in between shows. the computer isn't locked up and the log doesn't give any errors just says whatever the last operation it did ( turning off musical). I'm gonna try loading the driver for the usb adapter file cdm20600 but I don;t think that will work because it works the first time. I have the hard drives set to never turn off and no screen saver. I have avg anti virus freeware but I don't think it runs in the background I will try and disable that too. anymore suggestions will be appreciated.
Scott

Look for the "LOR Schedule Editor" program (should be in your LOR folder within the start menu, or a link on your LOR Control Panel) and see how long the shows are scheduled for.

Also, when you view the "Status Window" (it's in the LOR Control Panel) what does it say that it's doing. Running a show? Nothing?

I am using the simple show builder and have it set to run every half hour the log says what it did like opening sequence.... ending sequence... starting all lights on... ending all lights on... but when it stops doing the sequences on the real live lights there is no errors in the log.

Dont have the cloud (windows 7). But do you by chance have a hibernate mode? Turn that off to if you have this. I not sure if it is in win7. Not really sure if it is in vista either.
Although Don has some real good suggestions.

If there are no errors in the log....

What does the status window say?

Current Activity? Next Activity?

I know you use the Simple Show Builder, but (please?) open the LOR Scheduler and see what is there. This will let you see what is scheduled, and when. You're not so much interested in the names of the shows that are running, simply that they really are scheduled when you want them.

Based on what you are saying, I don't think they are. No errors in logs usually indicates the software is doing what it thinks it should be.

Hey thanks for your help Don. I thought I was giving you the scheduler but I was giving you the status. It was enabled. I haven't looked at the scheduler but I will, tomorrow as it is raining now and I don't run lights in the rain. this was happening yesterday with no rain. If it is scheduling things correctly but the lights are not going off when they should where could I look next? my show is 15 minutes and 45 seconds. so I don't think it's going over into the next show. As I think you were going with one suggestion.

You can look at the scheduler with the shows disabled. It will still show the relavent information. (And, unless I haven't had enough caffinee today, I think you can run the shows without the CAT5 cable going out to the controller. So long as LOR sees the USB device it should work.)

Since you say the show plays once or twice, then quits, it makes me think that they are not scheduled for as long as you think they are.

For example, if you have two different shows at 15m45s, but they are only set to run from 7:00-8:00, then that's all that would happen for the night.

It doesn't sound like LOR has been told to continue playing the shows.