Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with hardware version upgrade

Guest guest

Well, first off what a great site! I have been reading almost everyday since early summer and have learned alot. I thought I was going to get away without having too ask a question but then....problems. I am running a showtime 16 channel box. Initial configuration went well and I can control lights from hardware utility as well as when watching from the sequence editor. I attempted to enable shows and received error (error in mStart_click: (76) path not found). It also appears I have limited control of programs from the Icon in the start tray. Also, while trying to save a show in the show scheduler it sts it cannot be saved. I thought I would upgrade the hardware utility but that hasn't gone so well. I downloaded the upgrade but it attempts to install it in the D: directory which is my Cd Drive. I cannot see any way to change the directory to install the upgrade on my C: drive. I'm not sure if these problems are all related or not. I have tried to reinstall LOR and things are the same. Could anybody please help me or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Not sure whats up, I just downloaded the utility, double clicked the file and it open up a dialog box asking to install. Are you getting this dialog box? It auto picked up the instlall folder on C: drive where LOR installs by default.

Update - I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of LOR with no change. Not the most computer literate person but I can't figure either one of the problems out. Still unable to enable/save shows and the default download area for the hardware upgrade is D:drive with no way I can tell to change it. Thanks for your help and I will keep trying.

I've heard Dan was the man and once again he stepped up to the plate. Emailed me back and told me the LOR Registry was messed up. Emailed the program to fix it and everything appears to work great!;) I guess now I have to do some more sequencing...oh well..Thanks to all for the help.