Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights keep going off in my show

fmbye

I have some lights that keep dropping out. Here is the set up. I have drummer that keeps beat with a song. I am using 5 channels, two for the right arms, two for the left arms, and one for the rest of the drummer. The song is 2 min. 43 sec. Long. If I control the lights with the Sequence Editor, everything works. But when the show is running, after about 45 sec. The drummer drops out, the arms still work. They come back on after about 1 min. 14 sec. And stay on for 30 sec. Then drop out for the rest of the song. I have switched controllers for the drummer outline only, and the same thing happens. I don’t understand, if the lights work with the Sequence Editor, why will they not work with the show running.

It sounds to me like it might be that you have another sequence running at the same time, and the two sequences are both trying to control the same channel.

You can tell if this is true by running the LOR Verifier (make sure that your problematic show is scheduled before doing so). It will check for this possibility, among others.

A couple things that always gets me this situation:

- you start with a sequence from someone else, create new channels (above) for you own stuff, imported your config .. but left the original stuff on the bottom. You forget that those old channels (if assigned to controllers you have) will still control stuff. So you either have to delete those channels or change them to have no device associated.

OR

- you re-assign channels but forget to bring in the latest config file

OR

- you map the same controller channel out to more than one display item by accident. Then one says "on" while the others says "off" ... and its always off and you think somethings broken. Fix is to check your assignments to make sure nothing is double assigned.