Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you use C7, 25 bulb light strings?

Guest guest

I use these on my roof outlining the peaks. I use 11 strings. I thought 3 channels would handle them until I checked and found they use 1 amp per string. ARGGG.
Now I have to resequence my songs to consolidate more channels.
I plug 3 strings together and that covers all my roof lines. I use icecycles around the house.

How do you use C7's? How many channels do you use? How many strings do you plug together? What intensity do you use?

Ivsmaster wrote:

I use these on my roof outlining the peaks. I use 11 strings. I thought 3 channels would handle them until I checked and found they use 1 amp per string. ARGGG.
Now I have to resequence my songs to consolidate more channels.
I plug 3 strings together and that covers all my roof lines. I use icecycles around the house.

How do you use C7's? How many channels do you use? How many strings do you plug together? What intensity do you use?

I actually use C9s for my roof line. I have three strings on each roof line. Each one is a different color and is controlled by a channel. I divided my roof line and my hose into four sections so I have 12 channels controlling the outline of the roof and house. I custom made my strings from a 1000 foot roll so I wouldn't have any issues with blown fuses up in high places. My controllers are all delux with the heavy duty heat sinks so I can pull max amps. So far the intensity has always been set at 100%.

I use C9 and C7 strings on the gutters, roof and other places. They are always on and serve as a background for the show.

I also use single C9's or 7's in homemade lanterns. A clear C9 hit for 1/10th of a second from a channel looks like a strobe. They are also in my train car windows and run on one channel.

We use custom made, 4 channel C9 strings at 4 foot intervals per channel, giving a bulb every foot, with one continuous 4 channel line on the garage and another 4 channel set on the house with a max total of 16 bulbs per channel (.93 Amps).

This year we added 6 channel custom lite bars (Frames) around each window, it has 4 channel C7's down the center with green mini's on the inside edge and red mini's on the outside edge, the frames are painted to match the color of the house so they do not stand out during the day, but create several effects, but conserving amperage per C7 channel since they only repeat every 2 feet.

Attached files 75873=4654-Drilling Light Bar.JPG