Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Message: when using simple show builder

Ricky Parker

I have sequenced 10 songs and now I try to load them on my SD Card and I get this:

There was a problem while attemting to create the MP3 Show

Current Activity:

Error was: Bad File name or number

and yes the attempting was spelled that way.

I have unloaded LOR several times and reloaded it, retried everything and I still get the same message every time.

I have both wav files and MP3 files, I got part of it to save once and the only ones which saved were MP3 files so i converted everything to MP3 and that didn't work.

Please help me, I had problems last year (bit rate was too high on my songs, I used audacity to change the bit rate this year to fix that problem) so I got a new computer so hopefully this wouldn't happen and it is happening again, I am at my wits end with this, and I'm going out of town until the end of the week tomorrow so if I can't get this fixed today I will be down for the rest of the week.

Ricky Parker wrote:

I have sequenced 10 songs and now I try to load them on my SD Card and I get this:

There was a problem while attemting to create the MP3 Show

Current Activity:

Error was: Bad File name or number

and yes the attempting was spelled that way.

I have both wav files and MP3 files, I got part of it to save once and the only ones which saved were MP3 files so i converted everything to MP3 and that didn't work.

Please help me, I had problems last year (bit rate was too high on my songs, I used audacity to change the bit rate this year to fix that problem) so I got a new computer so hopefully this wouldn't happen and it is happening again, I am at my wits end with this, and I'm going out of town until the end of the week tomorrow so if I can't get this fixed today I will be down for the rest of the week.

From your description, it appears to be a problem with the MP3 audio file.

Is it a Constant Bit Rate 128Kbps file?

Is it a DRM protected audio file

Sometimes, just opening the audio file in a program like Audicity then resaving as a CBR 128Kbps, will strip the DRM codes, or something else from the MP3 file that the MP3Director didn't like.