Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT Wire

Bryan Foster

Can anyone direct me on where i can purchase Spt wire and vampire taps i went to a local home depot in my area went to the electrical department asked if they had it and they looked at me like i was talking about some magical wire or something it was kinda funny then i asked if they had vampire taps and it became a 30 minute searching adventure and in the the end i left home depot with nothing and was told " there are no such products" so i laughed and left .

Thank you

Bryan

Most of the major online Christmas Vendors sell the wire and taps. Here's a few examples:

Action Lighting (SPT1 and SPT2 sizes)

Paul at CDI (SPT3 wire uses SPT1 plugs)

Christmas Light Show (SPT1 and SPT2)

and many more...

One tip I would suggest is to standardize on a size and sick with it so you don't have to stock different plugs and receptacles....

Randy

I read someone in here that Darryl is out of them. I believe the vendor is Christmas Light Show?

I dont know where you can get it locally, but from mine own experiece and several others....Actionlighting.com is the place go to when you need something in a hurry. Call them Monday morning and do overnight shipping. They should be able to ship out same day....they did it for me. Great people over there.

My home depot had wire, but it was quite a bit more expensive than the vendors shown above. Unfortunately I ran out at the last minute and had to get it from them anyway. They did not have the vampire plugs though.