Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm being attacked! Please HELP!

Ralph D

I’m having rabbit problems, I have two that come in my yard at night really late at night and they are eating my ground lighting. The last time a few years ago I had the same problem I used a spray made to repel them and that worked great, well these new rabbits must love this stuff. I’ve now lost about 12 sets of lights (led sets) and 3 - 75 foot cat 5 cables. This is a serious problem and I need some input on what I can try.

No really you don’t understand. Have motion sensors, huge floods, nothing is helping. The show was on when they ate the last 3 sets of leds and data cable and I had quite a few people at my house watching the whole thing. When I went outside people were pointing at the rabbit and said to me hey your lights jest went out! So not the normal furry little rabbit!

traps? ok ill try anything at this point. i cant understand how they didint get shocked when they ate the led wire. i found peaces all over the ground. I am so mad! the ak 47 is my next try.

Your (or your furry friend) is only going to get a jolt if they hit BOTH wires in the mouth at the same time, OR HOT + Ground. Also, the LED's may have resistors inline that dropp that voltage.

I am an animal lover, but honestly, I'd camp out with a 22 or whatever (I think an AK might be a bit overboard) and take them out.

Or put up some sort of fence around the yard.

Get a dog.

Maybe even drop some extra HIGH voltage lines around the outside.

Sorry thumper.

hi i know this is a way off but try egg whites beaten and paint on leads , i know this works on young pine trees !!!! :dude:

If I wasn’t so dam mad right now I would be lmao at everyone! Ok so I really really am going to get traps this morning. I have 2 trained German shepherds, but the female would kill it, my male would just bat it around like a toy. My better judgment won’t let me sick the dogs on them because my Nabors have small kids and I’m afraid them might see what happens. I’m using a product called rabbit and groundhog out, (repellent) ..... http://www.deerout.com/rabbit/ over the time I used this stuff (before) it seemed to work great. a week or so ago when I started getting hit again, I went and used it again, now Wednesday night/ Thursday and Friday morning it rained and I didn’t put the stuff on yesterday and I didn’t because instructions said its good for months once applied. Well let’s just say I know that’s not true, and it says doesn’t wash off. But I’m thinking in colder/ wetter weather it might work weaker so maybe I should put it on every night or every other night.

Yes, about last night’s rad. it bit through at the resister like he was trying to eat it. I have a two color border the goes around my yard and I stake every bulb. The ass ate booth wires at the resisters. Again the lights were on! He had to been socked! Last time that happened I found a huge clump of hair next to my wires. And then no more problems. that wasn’t my luck last night.

at least the jokes are lighting me up a little. haha.

Hey Ralph, hope it all works out. The really bad thing about the moth balls is they are so hard to catch to begin with!:)

Ralph,

I have found in the past that the sonic devices you can buy work pretty well, as you have dogs, you might want to make sure the devices don't set your dogs off though.

Having said that, the AK solution looks like it might be a lot of fun...

Good luck

I'm on about my 18th string this year. Next year or maybe yet this year I'm going to try and put chicken fence around the base of my Mega trees as these are what they are eating.

I set the live trap every year all lighting season long. I'll trade an apple for each one and put them in the witness protection program the next day.

Come on guys, These cute little bunnies are just trying to get some sleep and your lights are keeping them awake. Its called Self Preservation:D

kzaas wrote:

Come on guys, These cute little bunnies are just trying to get some sleep and your lights are keeping them awake. Its called Self Preservation:D

Not-so-cute Ralph is just trying to get some sleep, but these wabbits eating his lines are keeping him awake I'm sure! ;)

buy an electric fence and run the wire around the yard and as you see fit. Careful though, it sends about 600 volts and will get your attention if you are touching it.

It works for dogs --- should work for bunnies too (though I would poison them or shoot them with a .22)