Light-O-Rama Forums

odd sequence issue

blainedead

I have one sequence that is acting strange. I have an outline of my garage door, front porch area, and two large windows, each with 3 colors on seperate channels (total of 12 channels). I noticed last night that during one particular sequence, the porch channel fades are different than the others; very jerky and erratic. Other sequences are fine.

I checked the sequence in the editor and everything appears to be the same. I even went as far as to re-draw all 12 channels with no different result.

I'm suspecting a corrupted sequence, but would like to hear if anyone else has any ideas. BTW, this is an older sequence that I converted to this years channel configuration, mostly via copy/paste-ing, if that matters.

blainedead wrote:

I have one sequence that is acting strange. I have an outline of my garage door, front porch area, and two large windows, each with 3 colors on seperate channels (total of 12 channels). I noticed last night that during one particular sequence, the porch channel fades are different than the others; very jerky and erratic. Other sequences are fine.

I checked the sequence in the editor and everything appears to be the same. I even went as far as to re-draw all 12 channels with no different result.

I'm suspecting a corrupted sequence, but would like to hear if anyone else has any ideas. BTW, this is an older sequence that I converted to this years channel configuration, mostly via copy/paste-ing, if that matters.

Are you refering to LIVE lights in your display or in the computer visualizer?

Responses and suggestions will be different depending on what you are doing

Live lights. Everything looks good in the visualizer. Problems are occurring whether running during a show or from sequence editor.

Also the strings in question are 100 ct incandescents-no LEDs involved in this particular issue.

If you have not done so, run the verifier and see if it finds any channel conflicts. The verifier can be run from the control panel.

The Verifier has been run, and the only indications it showed were instances of channels being off for the entire sequence. I also have one very short voiceover with no light activity at all, and it showed that as well, but it didn't return any results that I didn't expect.

I seem to be having some of the same issues. There are some channels that won't turn on or chase as they should for the enter song, But it doesn't happen when the sequence repeats.The channels are not on the same controllers. I can run the lights with the editor and never have trouble.

Mike

Dan, sorry but I didn't send the sequence this morning. Got home this morning and I've been trying to sleep off a sinus bug. :( I will let the show run tonight and try to note the times of the problems, then send it in late tonight or in the morning. I'm also gonna try to get some video footage as well.

What would be the symptoms of having a cat5 cable too close to extension cords? As I was watching last night, the problems seemed to have changed a bit, and was seeing the problems over several sequences. Strange shimmer-like effects over several channels, and they almost seemed to pulsate with the music.

I do have the cat5 cable from the affected controller laying with several extension cords. I have never had issues with this before, but I have read where it can cause problems.

Edit: Re-routed cat5 cable and seems to have solved my problems. I can't say I'm 100% sure with a daytime test, but will know for sure tonight.