Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Hardware Utility - Question time....Why no Every 45 minute option?

Guest guest

Okay after much deliberation and thought process in my little brain I then found it very odd, they have "Every 10 minutes", "Every 15 minutes", "Every 30 minutes", and even "Every hour" between shows, but why is there no "45 minutes between shows" setting in the drop down box?

I know as I add songs the time factor (length) of the show grows, and sometimes I'm just a little bit under that 45 minute time slot, so I could run my show for 40 minutes with a 15 minute animation sequence(for photographers) between shows to keep it running on time.

So how about adding in a 45 minute option to that drop down box in the LOR Hardware Utility software?

I use an SD card and the LOR DC MP3 Showtime Director to run my shows and the SSB just doesn't work out as well as the HW utility does for setting my shows up.

Why isn't there a 2 hour option? It's something I could use.

If I had to guess, I would say it's memory space available on the MP3 Director. *shrug*

Don wrote:

Why isn't there a 2 hour option? It's something I could use.

If I had to guess, I would say it's memory space available on the MP3 Director. *shrug*

Don, you know what? After thinking about it, I'd rather have the option of setting the time constraints to what I need. Now that would be a great option to have where you could set the time constraints from whatever you need.

I wouldn't think the time factor would take all that much room on the SD card for the MP3 Directors, but since I didn't program the software, I couldn't say for sure.

But it'd sure be nice if we could set the time constraints to our display time frames in the HW utility. I think we could all use that option!

Having the ability to give it a "repeat every X minutes" is reasonable but it is a little different than the every 10, 15, 30, 60 minutes and here is why...

With the DC-MP3, the every 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes is not a time related to the time the show starts but is wall time related. If you say every 60 minutes then the show starts every hour on the hour. Even if you were to start a show at 5:45, it will re-start at 6:00. Every 10 minutes means it starts at xx:00, xx:10, xx:20... xx:50 ....

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Having the ability to give it a "repeat every X minutes" is reasonable but it is a little different than the every 10, 15, 30, 60 minutes and here is why...

With the DC-MP3, the every 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes is not a time related to the time the show starts but is wall time related. If you say every 60 minutes then the show starts every hour on the hour. Even if you were to start a show at 5:45, it will re-start at 6:00. Every 10 minutes means it starts at xx:00, xx:10, xx:20... xx:50 ....

Dan

Okay, now that I understand that, next question would be to understand this more, if my show music actually runs 1 hour and 30 minutes, and I set the show to run every hour, then every hour the show restarts and the other 30 minutes of the show WOULD NOT RUN, is this correct Dan? From what I'm reading this is how I understand that option to work, I initially thought it was a way to set the show so it ran under the time constraints of the show, that is is my show runs 00:25:59 and I set the show to run every 30 minutes and use a filler sequence, the show I would think would run it's time limits, then for about 4 minutes run the filler before starting the show again.

Now my current show does run that exact time above, I have it set to run every 1/2 hour, show start time at 5:30pm, end at 11pm, but the filler sequence NEVER runs between shows and the show restarts as soon as the last song/animation plays, the same as if I'd used the loop forever command, so that has me a bit puzzled as to why the show is "looping" and not playing the animation sequence between shows (basically an all lights on sequence). So that's why I was asking about the other time set options, thinking it had something to do with the time constraints on how long the show would run. But after reading your explaination I see that isn't the case.

And a final question on the DC MP3 Showtime Director(the clock is set to the correct time in the director unit), now if I have the time set for my show to shut down at 11:00pm, and I start a sequence at 11:00pm to turn on a few lighted items (deer) and spotlight at the end of the show, why is it that a lot of the lights stay on that should have all gone off after the show end time has come? In my sequences I always leave, at the minimum at the end of the sequence an empty block so it would turn the lights off when the sequence finished, but this does not always work, I have clicked the ALL LIGHTS OFF OPTION as well, and even that has not always turned the lights off when using the DC MP3 Showtime Director, I actually have to create one 80 channel empty sequence and run that to get all my lights to shut off. Should I have to do that?