Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help--Software issue?

Janet

Ok. Here's what's going on. I'm using d-light boards (1.17 firmware) and LOR software (2.8.12). d-light hardware utility works just fine. I start the show, and one of my rope light channels behaves erratically. It's a ropelight (not LED) Rudolf, and it's supposed to stay on for most of the songs (its mouth opens and closes on 2 other channels, and they work just fine). Instead, Rudolf's head has taken on a life of its on, turning on and off at will. It appears to be happening at the same place during the song, almost as if it has programmed the channel itself. I've tried switching channels (exchanging channel 7 with channel 4)--no solution. I've tried copying the information to a new channel and then renaming it the correct channel--still no better. I've changed CAT5 cables; tried to change the programming so the particular channel won't come on so often; added a string of lights to the channel (thank you, Josh); cried; and torn most of my hair out. Has anyone had a similar issue? This is driving me crazy. We're supposed to be up and running tomorrow night, and as of this moment, the only solution is to have Rudolf's head stay on for the entire show using a droplight. Yuck.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Janet

ps I've posted this on d-light's forum as well. I don't know if it's a software or hardware problem.

My guess is that you have another channel in the sequencer assigned the same channel. I ran into similar issues and that's what I found.