Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 2812

HiramDawg

Is it at all possible to move channels up and down (for instance put all the bushes together) to make it easier to seqence them, even though that is not the channel configuration?

If you save it when your done and reopen it will the channels you bunched together still be that way, or will they revert to the proper channel configuration?

Thanks, Shane

HiramDawg wrote:

Is it at all possible to move channels up and down (for instance put all the bushes together) to make it easier to seqence them, even though that is not the channel configuration?

If you save it when your done and reopen it will the channels you bunched together still be that way, or will they revert to the proper channel configuration?

Thanks, Shane

Click and hold on a channel to move it within a sequence.

If you haven't yet already seen my post on tracks, and how they can save you hours of work in future years, I'll repost the text below.

---------------------

I could write a really long post on this (and may do so one day) but for now pardon the shortness.

1) Open last years sequence. [Edit: Or a copy of one that you've already created.]
2) Add new channels/controllers to BOTTOM of sequence. Do not move any channels. [Edit: If just wanting to re-arrange channels, skip this step. Go to #4]
3) Assign/Name the new channels.
4) Edit -> Duplicate Track. Name it "Working Track"
5) Change to working track.
6) Now, click/drag channels into the order you want. Do not simply rename channels, but click/drag to re-arrange.
7) "Edit -> Export/Import Configuration -> Export" and save to a file.

Now when you import into another sequence from last year [Edit: Or ones you've already done] you will "Import" the LCC file created in step 7 above. Your events should now be associated with the correct channels.

Why? The LOR software keeps track of the channels internally, via a method not shown to you on the front-end of the software. When you rename a channel, the actual internal association does not change. (Bob can explain this much better than I.)

When you create a second track, you are visually making a second copy, but internally the events are only stored once. This is why when you import the sequences from last year, everything is in the right place. With the steps above you don't change the internal associations.

Note that you will want to work within the "Working Track" from here on out. Do not make changes to your "Default" track. (Which you can rename by clicking the "Track" button in the toolbar. It's near the "Timings" button.)

There's a lot more I could talk about, but this should get you going, and keep your events on the right channels.