Light-O-Rama Forums

Tracks

Army Lights

Hey guys, I'm super new to this and will be putting up a LOR display for this first time this year. In fact, I don't even have my LOR yet, but have been busy working my sequencing. So, here's my question:

On the software comparison page, it says that depending on what software you get, it only supports 2-4 "tracks". Does this "tracks" term refer to the number of songs that can be in your program or something else. I have a feeling it's something else, but if I can only have two songs in my program, I am going to be highly disappointed.

If it does refer to something else, how many songs can I have?

Thanks guys!!! This continues to be the most helpful forum of any sort I have ever been a part of!!

"Tracks" refers to groupings of channels. Every sequence has at least one track. Many people, like myself, use tracks to group or segregate certain display elements - such as mega tree or arches - separately from the other channels. If you have all your channels in one list in the sequence editor and are fine with that there's no need to worry about adding more tracks at this time.

To the best of my knowledge there's no limit to the number of songs you can have, regardless of which level of software you purchase.

George Simmons wrote:

"Tracks" refers to groupings of channels. Every sequence has at least one track. Many people, like myself, use tracks to group or segregate certain display elements - such as mega tree or arches - separately from the other channels. If you have all your channels in one list in the sequence editor and are fine with that there's no need to worry about adding more tracks at this time.

To the best of my knowledge there's no limit to the number of songs you can have, regardless of which level of software you purchase.

George, that's pretty much what I thought. Thanks! LOR Forums comes through for me yet again!!!

Off to post a question about delays somewhere else, but I will ask here first in case someone wants to answer me: Is there a such thing as a delay I can place between items/strands to make them go off in a delayed fashion, thus saving myself channels. Here's what I mean: I have 10 candy canes (plugged into each other in sequence) that I have on one channel. I would like them to chase. Is there any kind of hardware I can buy that would create a delay between the time they do a particular action? Hopefully that was somewhat coherant.