Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights in a straight line on grass

ItsMeBobO

Rain rain rain for the next three days and I did not get my grass lights down yet. In the past I would stake every one of them using a string as a guide line. Tooks 2+days.

I need a fast idea to put 16 strings of lights on the lawn so they wont move and are lined up nice. Plan to prep inside and throw them out there when the rain stops.

The ones I had been using were 24 foot long C7s. Thinking of going to minis I already have cable tied to something.

That would require the light sets themselves to be taught. Looking for something to attach the lights to which would hold them in a line without pressure on the light set.

My lawn is slanted and uneven so laying them down gives a less then good looking uneven lumpy ripple look.

Check my website under Lawn Lights. I used pvc pipe cut a groove in it. They stay straight and quick to put out. If need any details just email me.
good Luck Don c.

redsea300 wrote:

Check my website under Lawn Lights. I used pvc pipe cut a groove in it. They stay straight and quick to put out. If need any details just email me.
good Luck Don c.

That is a really nice system, I like to have every thing pre-built for a fast set up!

redsea300 wrote:

good Luck Don c.

Great idea. This is what I am looking for. Can I make 16 of these in a day?

Try this link in your profile signature to link your sig to your site.
[url=http://hearthelights.com][img=http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/dreamcars1992/banner.jpg][/url]

Keith Adams wrote:

I use the same furring wood strips I use on my house roof. I just staple the strings to the wood in 8ft sections.

I have been wondering how this is done. Do you have any pictures?

If you are going to use my system, just screw a 1x to the side of the pvc and send it through the table saw. I cut and installed 45 of these plus painting in one day.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

redsea300 wrote:
good Luck Don c.

Great idea. This is what I am looking for. Can I make 16 of these in a day?

Try this link in your profile signature to link your sig to your site.
[url=http://hearthelights.com][img=http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/dreamcars1992/banner.jpg][/url]

Thanks for the link update. i changed it.

redsea300 wrote:

If you are going to use my system, just screw a 1x to the side of the pvc and send it through the table saw. I cut and installed 45 of these plus painting in one day.

Many thanks RS! This salvaged my show from the rain delay.

I went to HomeDepot 5 min before 9pm closing. Had the PVC all ripped by 9:30. My wife and I threaded the lights and were DONE a little after midnight. We had white insulation lights so decided to leave the pvc matching, no paint.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

redsea300 wrote:

Many thanks RS! This salvaged my show from the rain delay.

I went to HomeDepot 5 min before 9pm closing. Had the PVC all ripped by 9:30. My wife and I threaded the lights and were DONE a little after midnight. We had white insulation lights so decided to leave the pvc matching, no paint.
Glad to hear I could help. So many people have helped me over the years. I am glad I can return the favor to someone. Have a Happy Thanksgiving
Don C.