Light-O-Rama Forums

Traditions

captainron19

Does anyone have a specific holiday tradition they do every year? Doesnt have to be about the light or anything.

Ours is that the movie Christmas Vacation does not get played until the day after thanksgiving but then after that it can be played as much as we like (sometimes twice a day)

So excited to watch it this year b/c we finally get a blu ray player and I bought the blue ray anniversary gift set of the movie

captainron19 wrote:

Does anyone have a specific holiday tradition they do every year? Doesnt have to be about the light or anything.

Ours is that the movie Christmas Vacation does not get played until the day after thanksgiving but then after that it can be played as much as we like (sometimes twice a day)

So excited to watch it this year b/c we finally get a blu ray player and I bought the blue ray anniversary gift set of the movie

What? Christmas Vacation on Blu-Ray??? What time does Best Buy open???

Greg

The gift set is awesome. It comes in a metal tin with the blue ray movie, a set of coasters with photos and quotes from the movie, a santa hat, a mini marty moose egg nog glass, a box of instant snow, and a button that has marty moose on it saying "I survived the Griswold Christmas"

I originally saw it on Best Buy's we site for about $90 but I got the entire thing on ebay brand new sealed for $43.00 (buy it now) I just checked and the seller has another one for sale right now at http://cgi.ebay.com/National-Lampoons-Christmas-Vacation-Collectors-Set-/150521752445?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item230bcbab7d I think he had it shipped to me within 5 days.

Here is a picture of whats in the tin box

Attached files 222438=12303-cv.jpg

yea, me to on the " CHRISTMAS VACATION"...tradition on xmas eve at my house.....40-60 guests,fire burning,reading storys of christmas....but mostly on christmas eve....all outside lights off.....at 700pm....my brother in law helps with the annual lighting cerimony.....just like in the movie christmas vacation,on,off,on,off, and then all lights brake out.........just having fun with it....mike